O,B.T'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Palm Dan

Arachnopeon
Hi and welcome!

Understanding Orange Baboon Tarantulas, It's really easy if you buy a Sling and accurately understand the physiology of the little thing and know the background of the creature. THEY RUN TO THE END OF THE WEB LIKE PIGGIES TO CORN! The main biting time!!! Wait 10 seconds and also it help if you feed them first before holding. Very gently ease the little one up and everyday do it!!! My O.B.T has not bit me!!! She's 13 years old, I can pick her up out of her aquarium anytime and has never bit me!!! So treat them Spiders with love, it helps, Iron Palm Dan Out,

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I don't know what your trying to do here, but handling an OBT is a terrible idea. No matter how much "love" you think your treating it with. If you haven't been bit in thirteen years and you handle daily your either ridiculously lucky or have an unusually docile specimen.

I have seen many P.murinus that would bite without hesitation.

Handling isn't something I support, but if your going to do it at least consider the risks involved. They are OW species and have potent venom, if you were to be bit it could potentially send you to the hospital.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Please just be a troll... Please just be a troll... *heavy breathing intensifies*

To any new guys reading this.
Forget everything the OP said.
Doing as he suggests will only put you, people and pets at your home, and the spider at great risk.

Do. Not. Handle.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Thanks OP! I really like the colors of OBT's but most people say they are aggressive. Now I am confident enough to buy a sling and to handle it daily so it can get used to me. Just to be on the safe side, do you think it would be wise to de-fang my tarantula so it will not hurt if it tries to bite me anyway? :troll:

All jokes aside, handling tarantulas is frowned upon and handling OBTs is potentially dangerous. @Iron Palm Dan, I assume that you have the best intentions, but please think it through first before you post advice that could land people in a hospital. Even if an OBT would be as 'docile' as a curly hair, it would still not be advisable to the handle it because the venom is really strong.

If you handle your OBT regularly, I hope you will not find out how potent the bite of an OBT is the hard way. If you want to risk it, it is entirely up to you. But please don't advise handling these spiders to others.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I remember one OBT unboxing video on YouTube where it bit the lid of the deli cup and the tweezers used to open the paper towels it was in about 14 times in the first 1 minute of being given the space to move.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Mod's delete the OP's post, not only is it wrong to handle any T, but it's going to send someone to the emergency room very quickly......:vomit::nurse:

boina

Lady of the mites
I bet he was just trying to find out how many "disagree" he could get on one post...

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Ok buddy.lets see the pictures.Better yet,post a video.
Bet it don't happen.:rolleyes:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I actually don't think it's a troll. The dude put his entire address in his location (under the profile picture). I think he's simply horribly misguided - both in tarantulas and internet security.

@AphonopelmaTX, you may want to edit his location... or better yet, @Iron Palm Dan may want to remove it himself.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
To me it just sounds like misplaced bragging. "Look at me and my OBT, aren't we special? Everyone else is wrong, if you use my secret technique you too can be a baboon whisperer. Ladies, U impressed yet?"

I kinda hope he gets tagged and schooled. Does that make me a bad person? Anyhow - Mod, please delete this thread. Misinformation sucks.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
To me it just sounds like misplaced bragging. "Look at me and my OBT, aren't we special? Everyone else is wrong, if you use my secret technique you too can be a baboon whisperer. Ladies, U impressed yet?"

I kinda hope he gets tagged and schooled. Does that make me a bad person? Anyhow - Mod, please delete this thread. Misinformation sucks.
No it doesn't make you a bad person, it would be a lesson leaned, as for mod's what's going on here....
I thought it would have been deleted by now, what about the thread about a certain breeder that I said should be named and shamed, that was deleted quickly enough.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
No it doesn't make you a bad person, it would be a lesson leaned, as for mod's what's going on here....
I thought it would have been deleted by now, what about the thread about a certain breeder that I said should be named and shamed, that was deleted quickly enough.
I don't think they will delete it, this is the tarantula chat section after all. Although it's a pretty ridiculous statement on his part I don't see how it's in any way a violation of TOS.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I don't think they will delete it, this is the tarantula chat section after all. Although it's a pretty ridiculous statement on his part I don't see how it's in any way a violation of TOS.
It's common sense to delete it, it sends the wrong message to all who read it, well those who don't know the dangers of an OBT.

TheSmiths

Arachnopeon
Our pet shop where we buy our T's from won't even sell us an OBT as we have only been keeping them for a year. Even I know this is one hell of a misguided post. Loved reading all the replies. Grade A troll there. Never posted anything before and an address suggests it is fake though. Going to enjoy seeing more replies might even grab some popcorn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.