Number of spines on Sc.Cingulata

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey guys, i wanted to ask you guys if you've ever noticed variations in the number of spines on your Sc.Cingulata's prefemurs?!?! I decided that i was going to try breeding mine so i noted as many details of their anatomy that i could see and i noticed that some of my specimens have more spines than other and some almost dont show...

I'll be trying out my Black Cingulatas and my ''regular'' Cingulatas this summer, i hope it works :).

phil.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey Phil, I think people are interested, I just don't think very many people have really checked it out like your are and don't have much to say ...like you were probably thinking. But, go man, go!

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well for now i have two of them that are in a bin together. Both are the same size and specie, i checked every little spiracle and antennae segment to make sure, just different colorforms. I dont know if that has anything to do with the sex or if its is just a locale difference... anyways, here are the specimens...

Red Antennae, somewhat ''orange form''...

And the ''darker form''...

There is now an open call to every cingulata owner to look at the spines on their terminals :p.

phil.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Man those sure look diff. I'm sure we'll here about it if something cool happens.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey guys, i wanted to ask you guys if you've ever noticed variations in the number of spines on your Sc.Cingulata's prefemurs?!?!
Hey Phil,
the ventral side shouldn't have much variation, the upperside, sides etc. can have more variation, the ventral (underside) should have only 2 spines over there.

i also notice one of your cingulata has regenerated terminals,... it's common those regenerated legs have variation of spines on them.

PS: are those Israelian ?

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Steven :). You're right, those are Israelians!!!! As for the sides on which i looked at the spines, they were more on the ''upside'', thorwards the interior. Do you know what does the number of spines mean?

phil.