NOW im worried!

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay, i just got back from my fishing trip...

I notice that the sand in my King Baboons KK just hast moved at all for about a week now...i know everyone tells me this is normal, but i used to see an occasional fresh tunnel or sand moved around...

There has been no nothin happening for too long and the cric i threw in just seems to be running all over the place unharmed for more than a week. If he collapsed himself in, i hope he can dig himself out as i remember seeing a tunnel that isnt there anymore.

Should i intervene?...i mean...there used to be no sight of her before, but noticeable tunnel/soil engineering in progress...now its just utter silence...

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Take it easy Jobe!! I bet it's in shed. I have had spiders cover their hole up with no sign of movement. They always come out sooner or later! Take the cricket out though! How old is it? I have heard they grow slow when young; maybe it'll take a couple of weeks until it feels safe after a shed. Some shy species are that way.......let us know what happens!:)

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks Minax...puts my mind a little at ease :)

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
molt

Hi Jobe,

I've had this species take over a month being webbed up in it's burrow before, coming up on a molt.
How long has yours been webbed up?
A week? Give it some more time. ;)

Paul

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There has been no soil movement...is that ok?

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yep, that's ok. My KB has stopped moving soil. I wouldn't worry. I haven't seen mine in a couple of months. I have a friend who hasn't seen his in a year (only the occassional soil move)! The last time I dug mine up to check on it, I found that it was in perfect condition.
Mike