Problem Not receiving notifications to watched threads (i.e. my own or others)

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not getting notifications on watched threads either. I've read over http://arachnoboards.com/threads/not-receiving-email-notifications.85784/
but none of the problems appear to apply. Checked through my entire "Blocked Senders" list, nothing Arachnoboards-related appears.

All notification preferences appear to be checked.

I can't really change to a new email address just to try to resolve this problem.

Any other ideas, or am I missing something?

Thank you!! :)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
That thread is for forum software that we're no longer using. Feel free to start a conversation with me and send me your password. I'll log into your account and take a look.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That thread is for forum software that we're no longer using. Feel free to start a conversation with me and send me your password. I'll log into your account and take a look.
Thank you Scott! I'll send a PM.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
@papilio Just checked your settings and everything seems to be in order. Can you let me know if you received an email notification for this reply?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Question: is there a way to turn off Email notifications? I only want to get Alerts when I log onto the site itself. My inbox was full with over 300 unread conversations! O_O

Thanks !

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
When you click watch thread a pop up opens and gives you the choice to receive emails or not. just check the appropriate box then click ok. On threads you are already watching just click unwatch then click watch and select the correct option.
I believe you can also make the option to not receive emails the default choice in your preferences on your user page

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
When you click watch thread a pop up opens and gives you the choice to receive emails or not. just check the appropriate box then click ok. On threads you are already watching just click unwatch then click watch and select the correct option.
I believe you can also make the option to not receive emails the default choice in your preferences on your user page
Actually it's the emails that I get when there is a new conversation/PM that I'm trying to turn off.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Actually it's the emails that I get when there is a new conversation/PM that I'm trying to turn off.
You have to choose "leave conversation" then another pop up gives you choices to accept further notifications or not, just check the box and go

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
You have to choose "leave conversation" then another pop up gives you choices to leave with or w/o further notifications, just check the box and go
I meant how do you set it to display notifications of new messages in the conversation on Arachnoboards only and not have it also email them.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
I meant how do you set it to display notifications of new messages in the conversation on Arachnoboards only and not have it also email them.
Have you tried going to Your Account/ Contact details(under settings) and under Messaging Preferences unclicking "Receive email when a new conversation message is received"