not eating

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi. My chaco golden knee hasn't eaten in like 3 weeks. It molted like a week ago and still wont eat. Do they go on fasts? It is about 2.5" inches around. It allways seems scared and allways climbs on the top corner of the cage and bunches up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Craig.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
At that size, it might take longer than a week to recover. As it grows, that time span will only get longer too. It's nothing to worry about. Keep offering food and I'm gonna say it'll eat inside another week. Difficult molts will also change recovery times.

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, this T used to have a big abdomen now its fading. Looks pretty small. Thanks for the input and will let you know what happens. Thanks. Craig.

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just saw it eating today. I just threw another cricket in and iam going to try to feed it everyday for a week to get its little abdomen back to its size. Thanks. Craig.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah, after a molt it usually turns into a guessing game as to when they'll feed and whatnot. if it's a few weeks after, so be it. usually they will feed within the month after they molt.

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, I was just worried this time. Whenever he molted before he was usually ready to eat the next day, now that it is bigger it take awhile adjusting I guess. Iam happy it is eating now:)