north carolina wolf spider

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
amoong the tons of critters i brought back from NC with me this past weekend this guy is about 3 inches of pure HUNGRY.....he's really cool

Last edited:

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Great find! :clap::clap::clap:

Looks like a MF Hogna lenta... Don't hold me to that tho... :?

Someone more experienced maybe can give a positive ID from the pic.

If my ID is correct, she is a burrower and will need lots of good subtrate. Mine adored their crickets, but I gave them as much variety as possible. :D

Good luck with her! S.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah im tryin to find a website to identify NC invertibrates....almost impossible.....i have him, and a smaller one like him, that i actually thought was a jumping spider cause the eyes and color, i got to lookin at him closer and think hes a smaller wolf too...i got 2 female black widows, which i think 1 just died....didnt seem to be doin well though...1 5 lined skink...i think its the spawn of lightning and a mongoose, cause he is so fast..haha...1 green lynx spider which is awesome, and has eaten for me already...i got 1 mealworm lookin guy thats bout 3 inches and vicious, 1 thats bout 1 inch and fat but looks same, i dunno, then got 5 huge black beetles, every bit of 2 inches, all seem to be female, horns and pinchers are same....hopefully pregnant though....and i got some about 8 wierd lil spiders that look kinda like cross between widow and wolf, they made little funnels and stay in them...they are really small maybe like 1/8"..they are kinda like a brownish red...also found 3 assassin bugs....was cool til i found out they were plastic climbers, then were still coolish, until they got to the top and were trying to fly....uhhhh....dunno bout them yet...already got a guy wanting offspring....might just give him the parents....anyways im workin on getting pics of everyone and then ill do one big post of my adventure.....thanks

Great find! :clap::clap::clap:

Looks like a MF Hogna lenta... Don't hold me to that tho... :?

Someone more experienced maybe can give a positive ID from the pic.

If my ID is correct, she is a burrower and will need lots of good subtrate. Mine adored their crickets, but I gave them as much variety as possible. :D

Good luck with her! S.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
almost forgot i also brought back alot of centipedes, ones that are bright red and look like miniture vietnamese, then alot that are dark redish and have alot of feelers on the rear, and 1 round millipede, and alot of flat millipedes, multicolored, 1 which is almost all white, just a little bit of black splotches, and i think that a couple of them are breeding right now

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Can't wait to see the pics! :D

Sounds like you had a great adventure with a lot of neat finds!

S.

davisfam

Arachnoknight

davisfam

Arachnoknight

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
that, and hognas can be especially difficult to ID just by picture alone sometimes...

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Sorry, my intention was for pic comparison, not positive ID... :wall::wall::wall:

And no, I don't trust any "Wiki" sites...

my apologies, I stand corrected.

S,

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah wiki has helped me alot, although they dont go into detail on alot of species they just say like 1 main group and that about sums it up....