Noob question/concern

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
I know this might sound stupid for a lot of people but i dont have much experience with T's. Couple of minutes ago i notice a yellow ball of liquid in my G rosea's enclosure, and im concerned bc her poop is normally white, do you think something is going on or am i just being a little crazy? I pulled it out with a cotton swab so i could post a picture. She moved normally when i close the enclosure (she doesnt like that) so hopefully nothings wrong, but like i said, sorry, but im a novice and i rather be dumb and ask than have something happen to her

Attachments

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Looks kind of like a half digested prey item to me. Did you feed her recently?

I mean it could just be really fresh poop.. It's usually whitish yellow..

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
I've had my Ts poop be from white to yellow to orange. Looks like bolus remains/poop I wouldn't worry about it.

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Looks kind of like a half digested prey item to me. Did you feed her recently?

I mean it could just be really fresh poop.. It's usually whitish yellow..
Last time she ate was on september 17 (I keep record) and she has been refusing food lately

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
I've had my Ts poop be from white to yellow to orange. Looks like bolus remains/poop I wouldn't worry about it.
That makes me feel better; the worries of a new tarantula owner right? lol and also, orange poop? Thats really unusual

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
That makes me feel better; the worries of a new tarantula owner right? lol and also, orange poop? Thats really unusual
Yeah it was from my B smithi sling, I think from the roaches I was giving her all I was feeding them was carrots lol

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Could be excrement or bolus.

I just want to take the time to say - as I usually do to those who identify as beginners - THANK YOU for asking questions! Some ppl find it offended when labeled a newb and it bugs the living hell out of me, especially BC those ppl tend to have generally bad, combative attitudes, don't like to take advice (even thought they asked for it), and are usually totally dilutional about their husbandry ways and knowledge levels. So, good for u OP. I applaude you!! We were all beginners once - you don't enter ANY hobby as an expert. Hats off to u!!!

truecreature

Arachnoknight
Yeah don't worry about it, every single one of us was a paranoid new spider keeper at one point. Any questions at all, feel free to post away :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
raisinjelly post: 2540923 said:
Yeah don't worry about it, every single one of us was a paranoid new spider keeper at one point. Any questions at all, feel free to post away :)
Still am, whenever i get a new species :D

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Could be excrement or bolus.

I just want to take the time to say - as I usually do to those who identify as beginners - THANK YOU for asking questions! Some ppl find it offended when labeled a newb and it bugs the living hell out of me, especially BC those ppl tend to have generally bad, combative attitudes, don't like to take advice (even thought they asked for it), and are usually totally dilutional about their husbandry ways and knowledge levels. So, good for u OP. I applaude you!! We were all beginners once - you don't enter ANY hobby as an expert. Hats off to u!!!
Ive seen those people, but thats not me, this girl freaks me out with any little thing she does so I ask because thats how you learn, right? Lol and thanks for helping

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ive seen those people, but thats not me, this girl freaks me out with any little thing she does so I ask because thats how you learn, right? Lol and thanks for helping
I was just like u at the beginning - I was (and prob still am) ABs biggest worry wart even though I've been doing this for many years. Ask EVERY QUESTION u need to, that's what we are here for. The longer ur in the hobby the lest scary it seem. Good job. I like u. Welcome to the hobby!

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
I was just like u at the beginning - I was (and prob still am) ABs biggest worry wart even though I've been doing this for many years. Ask EVERY QUESTION u need to, that's what we are here for. The longer ur in the hobby the lest scary it seem. Good job. I like u. Welcome to the hobby!
Thank you :) Im glad i found this site, so many ppl who share my love for these fuzzy little things and are more than willing to help a noob, and i definetly will be asking a lot of questions once i get my B. smithi sling