Non theraphosid mygalomorph (poss. barychelid)

Arachniphile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was redirecting the thread back to the spider itself... not books or classes about spiders. Both of wich are quite relevant mind you, but I am more interested in the spider itself.

Edit : My guess is it is a Myrmekiaphila sp.

Last edited:

Big Mike

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by phoenixxavierre
For whatever reason, I can't get the link to open all the way, so my question is this: Is the book written in English? Stupid question perhaps, but I've never heard of or seen the book, so...
Thanks,

Paul
Yes, it is in English. Great book! Speaking of books in relation to trapdoor spiders, keep your eyes openfor a new book by Jason Bond Phd. He has completely reworked the California Trapdoor Spiders through dna and years of research. This includes the coastal dune endemic trapdoors, as well as the insular and inland trapdoors. He also is working on a revision of african mygalamorphs and has spent quite a bit of time of there recently. Extensive scientific papers are available now. But the bulk of the information will be released in book form next year as I understand it.

Mike

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Mike
Yes, it is in English. Great book! Speaking of books in relation to trapdoor spiders, keep your eyes openfor a new book by Jason Bond Phd. He has completely reworked the California Trapdoor Spiders through dna and years of research. This includes the coastal dune endemic trapdoors, as well as the insular and inland trapdoors. He also is working on a revision of african mygalamorphs and has spent quite a bit of time of there recently. Extensive scientific papers are available now. But the bulk of the information will be released in book form next year as I understand it.

Mike
Awesome! I need to get more scientifically specific info on specific species.
Currently all I have is "Tarantulas and Other Arachnids" (Sam Marshall) and of course Stan's book "The Tarantula Keepers Guide". While both these books are great, I'm craving something a bit more in detail as far as specific species.
Thanks for the heads up Mike!

Paul

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Arachniphile
I was redirecting the thread back to the spider itself... not books or classes about spiders. Both of wich are quite relevant mind you, but I am more interested in the spider itself.

Edit : My guess is it is a Myrmekiaphila sp.

It actually isnt possible for the spider to be of the Myrmekiaphila genus as the several species of this genus are found in the southeastern US. This spider is from Africa, and there is a good chance of it being a Barychelid.

Alex S.

Arachniphile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok... the thread never said where it came from. I just assumed since Atrax was from Colorado it was collected in that part of the country. Must have been another thread on it...

Thanks Alex... :)

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey Arachniphile, sorry about that, I didnt know that you didnt know that the spider originated from Africa. Also sorry if I sounded rude in my post. I often type fast just to state things and get the point across and then later when I read it I think to my self, that did sound kind of rude.

Alex S.