Nocturnal Viewing

Jaycooks1

Arachnopeon
I am curios to know if anyone uses a video camera to catch there seldom seen spiders out and about. I know my Phormingochilus Sp Rufus is active at night i find the water dish full of substrate in the mornings but never see more than toes when i watch her. I would love to capture her activity on video and get a good look at her growth.
If you do what kind of camera and what's your setup thanks.

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Here's some discussion on it that I just happened to see yesterday, might be worthwhile to read.

Jaycooks1

Arachnopeon
I just look at them with a flashlight at night
Ya I have red night lights to see them but the earth tiger never comes out before I g to bed I peaked till 1am the other night nothing then find the water bowl full of dirt at 6 am LOL

Jaycooks1

Arachnopeon
I found an App to run on old cellphones to turn them into a security cam I will try that next. Then maybe get one from Amazon like the Spider Room used.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I've seen some people use small motion activated cameras to spy on their Ts! Personally I just check on them early in the morning and late at night, I have pretty good luck catching them out

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
I use red LED lights for nighttime viewing. The Ts can’t see red light and I like the dim glow.