No! Its Dead!!!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
James, sorry to hear about the Avic, little buddy.
I had the same thing happen to me ...it was my 3rd spider. She arrived by mail...molted a week later, then died 6 days after molting. I"m sure Steven Nunn remembers this well LOL!
In retrospect, I don't think I did anything wrong, it just happened. Maybe she wasn't healthy to begin with, maybe the conditions weren't perfect, maybe premolt shipping stressed her too much....no way to say.
I've not had an Avic spp die on me since, and I've got them MUCH smaller than she was.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah sorry for confusing you CM, i can easily see how you put 1 and 1 together now that i read my own post lol
No worries

Mark

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Dude, this reminds me of my T. blondi that I lost 3 months ago due to complications with molt.

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss, TL. It does happen, don't take it too terribly hard. Almost everyone here has probably experienced the same thing.

bill

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
I had the same thing happen to me ...it was my 3rd spider. She arrived by mail...molted a week later, then died 6 days after molting. I"m sure Steven Nunn remembers this well LOL!
In retrospect, I don't think I did anything wrong, it just happened. Maybe she wasn't healthy to begin with, maybe the conditions weren't perfect, maybe premolt shipping stressed her too much....no way to say.
Hi Holley,
I sure do ;) I also remember how devastated you were and how confusing it all seemed at the time. I'd imagine poor James feels much the same, that's why it's good to see nothing but positive encouragement from everyone, it's sure gonna help James get back on track!!!

Cheers,
Steve

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Thank You!

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I am still sad for the poor thing, my mom and dad were crying and very sad, the 1st T i have ever had! I loved her/him! This is the 2nd spider that has died on my care! Thanks!

James

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
James, you are always so sweet to everyone on here and I'm so sorry to hear that your T. died. I'm sure you did everything that you could, but it was just its fate. Sorry again, I know that T's are like children to most of those on this board. Hang in there hon!