Nikon Coolpix 5700

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If anyone has this camera, or has any info on how to set it up the options, please inform me, I'm trying to take pics of my Ts but they're coming out all blurry, I know this camera is capable of taking very nice sharp pictures...any help would be appreciated.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I havent heard of the 5700.. I have the s6 and am still learning to use it.. is it a small flat camera with an internal zoom like mine? I would post a pic but it cant takes pictures of itself sooo... haha :D

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow.. yeah that is totally different from mine hahaha that actually looks like a camera :D

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha, the only problem is, I don't know how to use it properly :(

SOAD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
usualy the macro option has a flower as icon. try finding this.

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ya, I tried that, that doesn't help...my macro option is turned on

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i use a nikon cool pix 5000.i was having the same problem when i got mine.if u hold down the shoot button half way it will focus for u.or u can set it to auto focus.check the manual

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
With some cameras (such as my less-fancy Nikon and funnylori's Fuji), the macro works much better if you have the subject spotlit. Try shining a flashlight at the subject while doing the halfway-down press to focus, and then taking the actual picture. It's the only way I can get decent macro pictures with mine.

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I found with macros that you can't use the zoom otherwise they are blurry , Well on point & shoots at least. I found this out on my olympus and also a canon when I was trying to take a pic.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I can't stand digital photography.:( I have had my canon for months and I can't figure it out. Finally someone told me my lens was too dirty for it to focus properly. It had chocolate fingerprints or something on the front. I'm always eating chocolate. Anyway, I found using the telephoto and then cropping works better sometimes. I also sometimes use portrait mode with macro. That sometimes comes out better than using auto mode with macro. Funny thing is I used Nikons all my life, since I was 11 and the jerk behind the counter somehow convinced me to get this canon (I think that's what it is). Now I'm desperate to sell it. Let me know how you like your Nikon, I think I'm going to switch soon.

Last edited:

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ya, I tried that, that doesn't help...my macro option is turned on
Read the manual. ;)

Along with better lighting, as mentioned, there is a minimum focusing distance. If you get any closer than this the camera will not be able to focus. Turn on the macro function, don't zoom in, start a few inches away from the subject, and progressively get closer with each shot you take (or back off if even at, say, three inches pics are still coming out blurry). Eventually you'll figure out what the minimum focusing distance is.

Or just read the manual. It should tell you how far away you need to be. Might be a bit quicker. :)

Last edited:

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Theres a limit on how close you can go to the object with the macro, and also if the object is small (and/or poorly lit) its difficult for the lens to focus.
Just keep trying and Im sure you figure out the limits of your camera.

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
DoF (depth of field) / your f stop (size of aperature) is also kind of important. When doing macro, the depth of field is extremely shallow, so stopping down will get more of the subject in focus. Requires very good lighting (ring flashes are good, spotlight will work, or full daylight)

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
F-number is funny.
The F-number of F/2.8 is less than F/8 for example. Enough said? Well try looking up 'focal length' with the Wikipedia. DOF is only 'really shallow' once the camera starts reaching its maximun macro distance anyway (== minimum distance).Anyway, it won't be important unless the aperture is set to manual.

What's most important is LIGHT, and then an enabled flash.