Nijinsky Finally Molted!!

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nijinsky is the last of my slings to go through his first molt in my possession. He finally did it two days ago. He left the exuvium in his nest. I thought Ts generally threw the exuvium out. I have also heard that some apparently eat them. Is that true? Nijinsky just seems to have left it there and has done nothing to it. It actually looks kind of funny, because he spends most of his timne in his nest, and the exuvium makes it look like there are two Ts in there.

I wouldn't have written about this great event :) sooner, but on Tuesday I received a gigantic shipment new Ts and assorted other critters (more on that in a separate message). All I can say is, things are crawling around my office and lab. =D =D

Bryan

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I've never really heard of them "eating" them, but many will chew them up and shred them. Sometimes it takes some time for them to take them out of their burrow or hide if they do it at all. Many of them will just web them up as a decoration in their hide.

Scott

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Came in today and Nijinsky had thrown his exuvium out of his nest. So, I grabbed it. He is an Avic, by the way.