Nice trick

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think this is a nice way to move crickets.
1. Take a piece of A4 paper.
2. Roll it up
3. Make a square to one of it's ends
4. Using a paintbrush push the cricket/ crickets in the hole
5. While the cricket is in,
6. Press the paper to prevent the cricket from gatting out.
7. Tap it to make the cricket fall where you want.

Do you like it???

Attachments

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It seems a little labor intensive unless you have some sort of severe aversion to touching crickets. If you do, then sure, great idea.

Wade

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
While I usually just pick crickets up and toss em into the keepers, there are certainly times when I could use this method. For instance, my sub-adult A. avicularia has her web at the top of its enclosure; no matter how hard I try to get them in the web, a few always fall to the bottom and end up dying because the pinktoe never sees them. If I used this method, I might be able to get the crickets in the web successfully. I'll probably give this a try... Thanks!

kellygirl

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Mister Internet
you know you can just grab them with your fingers, right? :)

Sure but I'm allways afraid I'll squeese (spellin') them to death..

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by genious_gr
Sure but I'm allways afraid I'll squeese (spellin') them to death..
tender, juicy goodness...

(i know, that was bad..)=D
Peace,
Gillian

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I grab my crickets and put them in a vial, then I just let them slide to their doom. I started doing this after a few cricks would latch on and jump at just the right time missing the keeper entrance. I can still hear those crafty crickets at night.....chirp-laughing at me.

chirp-laugh

chirp-laugh

chirp-laugh

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I usually just pick them up and shake them around until I toss them into the cage. Otherwise, they tend to stick to my palms a bit, and one of the little *&^ even bit me once.

Bill

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah and thats why i can't hold the bumbs at all!!!!!!!!!! ever!! they eat waxworms and they are so vicious!!! i hate them!!!!!!! id kill them all if i didn't need them to feed tarantulas.

nuff said

mike :)

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Why grab them with your fingers when you can grab them with your mouth? :p:p:p

Aidan

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
I don't unerstand step#3, the making the square bit...

I too have been bitten by a stupid cric once. I had it inside my fist on transit and it decided to nibble its way out. Believe me, it's not as bad as a T bite.

I still use my hands for the larger crix, but to feed my slings I put a small vial in the cricket keeper, pick up 1 of the egg cartons and shake... and the right sized ones will be inside the vial.

As for the chirp-laughes, they don't last too long here. Since I only have a couple hundreds, it's not too difficult to locate the offenders. So whenever I hear chirping, I pick those horny males out and feed them to my ever hungry G.Pulchra.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Heh, I didn't remember creating this thread. In step 3 you use some tape to create a corner. Well, I've found a vial that has saved me and I no longer need to use this trick anymore, but it was usefull back then.

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just stick my head into the cricket tub,let some crawl onto my face,and then head bang to slayer and they just drop of into the spiders tank, way hay job done. {D :D

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
blackacidevil said:
I grab my crickets and put them in a vial, then I just let them slide to their doom.
i use the same method with a pill bottle.. i scoop them up and drop 'em in.. it works great cause the crix can't climb the plastic and rarely jump..

coco

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:/

i dropped one inside my pants :( and i had no underwaer hahah it didnt feeel that godd i must say :(