Next Tarantula?

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay guys, looking to get one or more new tarantulas. I have been keeping tarantulas for about six years, and my current collection consists of:
P.bromelicola
G. Porteri
G.Pulchra
B.Smithi
B.Albo
A.avic
C.versicolor
P.sazimai
A.geniculata
N.coloratovillosus
C.cyaneopubescens
M.Balfouri
Tap. Sp gold

I have kept psalms in the past as well.

Basically, I do not enjoy Pet holes and have not enjoyed any avic thus far. I really enjoy my A.genic, and my G.pulchra. Great feeding responses and love their look. Any ideas for next tarantulas?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Okay guys, looking to get one or more new tarantulas. I have been keeping tarantulas for about six years, and my current collection consists of:
P.bromelicola
G. Porteri
G.Pulchra
B.Smithi
B.Albo
A.avic
C.versicolor
P.sazimai
A.geniculata
N.coloratovillosus
C.cyaneopubescens
M.Balfouri
Tap. Sp gold

Basically, I do not enjoy Pet holes and have not enjoyed any avic thus far. I really enjoy my A.genic, and my G.pulchra. Great feeding responses and love their look. Any ideas for next tarantulas?
Sounds like you enjoy NW terrestrial species, I would recommend getting a pamphobeteus. They are almost always out in the open, their feeding response is great and they can be very colorful. They grow like weeds and even if you end up with a male you will have a large beautiful spider, it's a win win.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Get a Poecilotheria. They are absolutely gorgeus and not as bad as some say they are. They're mostly just skittish, not aggressive/defensive.

Of course, they are incredibly fast, so you still have to be careful around them.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
P rufilata
P metallica
D diamantinensis
B boehmei
G actaeon or iheringi

You have a solid collection

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What didn't you like about avics?
In my experience they are rarely moving, and have a crappy feeding response With the exception of a A.Purpurea sling I had that did have a great response, that was a cool little sling, wish I hadn't sold it.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
P.bromelicola
G. Porteri
G.Pulchra
B.Smithi
B.Albo
A.avic
C.versicolor
P.sazimai
A.geniculata
N.coloratovillosus
C.cyaneopubescens
M.Balfouri
Tap. Sp gold

How about Hapolopus or Neoholothele?

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
P.bromelicola
G. Porteri
G.Pulchra
B.Smithi
B.Albo
A.avic
C.versicolor
P.sazimai
A.geniculata
N.coloratovillosus
C.cyaneopubescens
M.Balfouri
Tap. Sp gold

L.Violocepes, C Schoeidetie, or P.Metallica

Magenta

Arachnosquire
In my experience they are rarely moving, and have a crappy feeding response With the exception of a A.Purpurea sling I had that did have a great response, that was a cool little sling, wish I hadn't sold it.
Yeah, I can see that.

A. seemanni?

Lunitar

Arachnoslacker
A. Seemanni seconded.

Good feeding response and mine are always out doing something. Mine love to move their ping pong balls around and flip the water dish right after I clean them.