New world terrestrial best for beginners

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
It is more common than you might think and keeping a Phormic or a Pampho in that case is indeed not normal. A person specifically asking for beginner species is to me an indication that there might be still some 'uneasiness' around spiders.

Again, I don't count two slings as full 'tarantula experience'.

Anyway, before this debate digresses any further I am leaving this discussion.

@dianemarie There were some good suggestions given so far. Success with your next tarantula :)
2 slings and an almost adult specimen is experience with various sizes and stages of Ts I could easily handle owning one of either sp. after my third T and I think most people could as well.

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
Nothing beats a Brazilian black tarantula (G pulchra) or a G pulchripes. They are big, beautiful, very calm, and just excellent in every way. Only downsides is slow growth and they can be pricey

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
How confident are you? If you're on the more timid/cautious side, I second G. pulchra or G. pulchripes. A Brachypelma would also be a good fit - B. emilia and B. albopilosum are especially laid back members of this genus. B. albopilosum isn't the most-exciting looking spider but they are absolute bulldozers who will keep you entertained watching them dig, and the Nicaraguan form gets ridiculously fluffy. The genus Aphonopelma is another safe bet. Homeoemma chilensis and Eupalaestrus campestratus are probably the most docile species, period, but they have very slow growth rates, even slower than the others in this paragraph. If you're patient though you can't beat those two in terms of temperament.

If you're comfortable with something a bit faster/bolder, then I'd recommend A. geniculata or the genus Pamphobeteus. G. actaeon is also great if you can get your hands on one. Any of these would be a small step up from your current species but they're not too intimidating. These guys grow a little bit faster than your average beginner terrestrial too.

dianemarie

Arachnopeon
How confident are you? If you're on the more timid/cautious side, I second G. pulchra or G. pulchripes. A Brachypelma would also be a good fit - B. emilia and B. albopilosum are especially laid back members of this genus. B. albopilosum isn't the most-exciting looking spider but they are absolute bulldozers who will keep you entertained watching them dig, and the Nicaraguan form gets ridiculously fluffy. The genus Aphonopelma is another safe bet. Homeoemma chilensis and Eupalaestrus campestratus are probably the most docile species, period, but they have very slow growth rates, even slower than the others in this paragraph. If you're patient though you can't beat those two in terms of temperament.

If you're comfortable with something a bit faster/bolder, then I'd recommend A. geniculata or the genus Pamphobeteus. G. actaeon is also great if you can get your hands on one. Any of these would be a small step up from your current species but they're not too intimidating. These guys grow a little bit faster than your average beginner terrestrial too.

Yes I would like the
Nothing beats a Brazilian black tarantula (G pulchra) or a G pulchripes. They are big, beautiful, very calm, and just excellent in every way. Only downsides is slow growth and they can be pricey

Yes, the B.albopilosum sounds perfect ty for your comments lots of good ideas getting more confident dailly

dianemarie

Arachnopeon
I wanted that one but couldn't find it

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
I agree with N. incei, but also yeah if we're being honest, I'd rather rehouse all 5 of my Poecilotheria than my N. incei ANY DAY. They're skittish and VERY FAST. Mine, at least, has stopped flying out of the enclosure now that it got a proper web tunnel system built. So the only stressful times were unpacking, rehousing, and the couple weeks while it was settling in. Now the little guy is golden - literally. :D Plus, it's a dwarf, so leaves plenty of room for other additions to your collection.

I really like my Nhandu chromatus! Great eater, kinda skittish but otherwise a decent attitude. Though as a sling she was just a pet hole, so get a juvie if you want to see it more often.

Pamphobeteus are a total blast, too, much more bold than any of my other juveniles. I love love love feeding my Pampho.

Brachypelma albopilosum is just too adorable. They're stupid cute! So goofy looking with all that curly hair.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Yes, the B.albopilosum sounds perfect ty for your comments lots of good ideas getting more confident dailly
That was my daughter's first (we're beginners too). They are VERY easy to find in all sizes and they're cheap. Unfortunately for us, we didn't realize we bought ours a few weeks before it's ultimate molt so we've got a MM on our hands, but we love him anyway. They are SO easy to care for and I never worry about cleaning the water dish because he's so chill. He's just a little skittish, but he just runs and hides.

20190810_082134.jpg

I wanted that one [g. pulchra] but couldn't find it
If you're looking for a sling, they're really easy to find online. I don't think I could afford one bigger than what we got (1"). She's got the biggest butt now and is awesome to watch eat. So even though she's still tiny and is a slow grower, I'm really glad we got her. We've had her for about three months now.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Curlies are so easy to come by, considering we had another sac this year lol. I have slings available, and an ad in the classified if you're interested in some 2nd instar slings. They really are the greatest beginner T

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
Yeah if you can't come across a reasonably priced G pulchra, then B albopilosum sounds great. They get to about the same size (5.5-6" as adults iirc) they're also very mellow and mild mannered. Here's my juvenile female: