New vinegaroon!

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Everyone, pay attention to me!=D

Tomorrow I'll be receiving a tiny inch-long grampus with red claws, plus three huntsman spiders, and an Avicularia avicularia 3/4" inch spiderling from a friend.

I know how to care for them, but a question ere I go to bed and dream of what I'm going to get tomorrow: the inch-long vinegaroon, should I slightly disable the insect , or let the vinnie do all the dirty work itself?

When I lived in El Paso, these small critters were everywhere.

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Uropygi

Hey Johns, are you talking about the body length of the uropygid or are you including the "whip"? If its 1" body length then it should be easily capable of killing and eating juvinile crickets.

Alex S.

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The uropygid currently is tailless, Alex S.:eek:

Just for peace of mind, will it regenerate its whip?:confused:

Last edited:

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Call me psychic, but the spirit world tells me that this vinegaroon has no problems whatsoever capturing smaller crickets ;) It might need the help if only larger crickets are avialable.

Wade

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
O wise and psychic One...

I've reeceived my goodies and they are great!

One Heteropeda molted in the process of shipment and died.

The A. avic looks beautiful.

The tailless vinnie looks great, as well

Since the person I'm shipping this aggressive, loathsomely quick regalis to said he wouldn't mind waiting<thank you>, I'll ship tomorrow, as I had a near death experience of me trying to refrigerate the regalis for approximately 20 minutes, taking the said tranchler out (with gloves) and it proceeded to gnash and bite like an insane Pokie.

Long story short? I nearly wet my pants with terror and dread and want to take Valium because I'm still shakiing!:eek: :8o

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by johns
The uropygid currently is tailless, Alex S.:eek:

Just for peace of mind, will it regenerate its whip?:confused:
Hey Johns, yeah, it should fully regenerate its tail within a few molts.

Alex S.