New Ts

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last week a got a bunch of new Ts to add to my current bunch and I thought I'd share what I got:

1 Grammostola actaeon
1 Grammostola pulchra
1 Ephebopus cyanognathus
1 Ephebopus murinus
1 Ephebopus rufescens
2 Avicularia versicolor
1 Avicularia urticans
2 Megaphobema robustom
1 Lasiodora parahybana
1 Metriopelma sp. "Ecuadorian dwarf"
2 Cyclosternum fasciatum
1 Thrigmopoeus truculentus
2 Aphonopelma crinirifrum
1 Brachypelma boehmei
1 Aphonopelma sp. "Arizona giant stripeknee"
1 Chilobrachys fimbriatus
1 Lasiodora cristatus
1 Aphonopelma wichitanum
1 Aphonopelma chalcodes
1 Ceratogyrus brachycephalus

With the exception of one of the crinirifrums, which was DOA and the wichitanum that made a successful bolt for freedom, they all are doing well. Almost all of them spiderlings, as well. This puts me at 90 Ts now. Almost triple digits...

Adrian

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Wow

Good luck! Slings take a bit more attention and time. I have three slings myself and one juvie. Nice list of T, man!

kairo

Arachnopeon
i cant imagine keeping so many tarantulas! that is freaking awesome. you have a good selection. where do you find the time?!!! my collection is slowly growing. maybe one day i'll be at 90. i hope so at least.:D

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by belewfripp
Last week a got a bunch of new Ts to add to my current bunch and I thought I'd share what I got:

1 Grammostola actaeon
1 Grammostola pulchra
1 Ephebopus cyanognathus
1 Ephebopus murinus
1 Ephebopus rufescens
2 Avicularia versicolor
1 Avicularia urticans
2 Megaphobema robustom
1 Lasiodora parahybana
1 Metriopelma sp. "Ecuadorian dwarf"
2 Cyclosternum fasciatum
1 Thrigmopoeus truculentus
2 Aphonopelma crinirifrum
1 Brachypelma boehmei
1 Aphonopelma sp. "Arizona giant stripeknee"
1 Chilobrachys fimbriatus
1 Lasiodora cristatus
1 Aphonopelma wichitanum
1 Aphonopelma chalcodes
1 Ceratogyrus brachycephalus

With the exception of one of the crinirifrums, which was DOA and the wichitanum that made a successful bolt for freedom, they all are doing well. Almost all of them spiderlings, as well. This puts me at 90 Ts now. Almost triple digits...

Adrian
I think you need more T's. ;P

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by kairo
i cant imagine keeping so many tarantulas! that is freaking awesome. you have a good selection. where do you find the time?!!! my collection is slowly growing. maybe one day i'll be at 90. i hope so at least.:D
You ain't seen nothing yet. Some people here have hundreds of tarantulas. Sadly, I only have 34:(

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I remember when I had only eight. Watch it or you'll end up with 90 like me.

As far as time goes, it takes about an hour and a half to two hours to feed the my spiders who are 1" or larger; the spiderlings by themselves take a good half hour or more since I have to be way more cautious about possible escapees and since their meals are so tiny. I have a hard time picking up pinheads without crushing them.

Adrian

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Are you rich?

Just since I returned from my wedding in Vegas yesterday, I have acquired an adult male b. vagans, a juv (one molt away from adult) female b. vagans, and an unknown aphonoplema species (my wedding present from my husband). Every time I turn around an offer comes up that I JUST:D CAN'T:D PASS:D UP:D and I have another T. But I've never gotten so many at once!!

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No, not rich. We came into some money recently, though. Isn't it nice when your spouse actually encourages you to get more spiders?

Adrian