New Ts!!!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just got my shipment from Swift's Invertebrates this morning and my new spiders are gorgeous! I got a Psalmopoeus irminia, a Haplopelma albostriatum, three Lasiodora parahybana, and my freebie was a Lasiodora difficilis. I'm so excited, I've been wanting a P. irminia for years, but was never able to acquire one until now.

Now I have to think of names for them all.

Atlanta Native

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Galeogirl,
I just received my 2nd P.irminia this past week. As adults they are beautiful. The reason this is my 2nd is because they are extremely fast. Be very cautious, they will get away from you. BTW, your pic on the other thread is wonderful ... you're a knock out!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, thank you for the compliment! *blushing*

I had heard that they were fast, but once this little one grows a bit it will be going into a display vivarium in my living room. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that it likes its accomodations enough to want to stay in them. In case not, I have the extra large aquarium net and pretty decent reflexes from years of catching escaped geckos.

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am also going to place a Psalmopoeus irminia and a Poecilotheria ornata in my soon to be built display cases. Not that my other bugs are far away - I keep them in the kitchen <shrugg>. Sooner or later I will have to figure out something more permanent.

Blue Skies, John

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I keep all of my inverts in my office, it makes maintenance easier and I can watch them when I take breaks from homework, etc. I'd like to have at least one display animal for the living room, though, and the P. irminia just seemed to be exactly what I wanted for that purpose. I'm looking forward to putting together the vivarium.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Don't want to disappoint you, but in my experience, P. irminia is a hider. It pretty much stayed in its corkbark retreat all the time. This is the reason that if you go into the gallery, the only picture of one that I've taken is of the tarsal striping. That's all I saw of it most of the time. I have to say though, that once he matured, he was out and about quite a bit more. He's currently gone off for breeding. Here's to hoping there's a few hundred P. irminia in my future :D

Scott

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
New shipment from Swifty

Hey Galeogirl,

I just got a shipment from Swifty today also.

A. seemani, C. fimbriatus, 2 L. parahybana, L. cristatus, finally a C. cyaneopubesnens, C. brachycephalus, and 2 B. vagans... sent me a C. crawshayi freebie.

Keep in touch w/ me on your L. parahybana... tiny little buggers.

Also, FYI for those interested, our tiny A. versicolor molted overnight and all appears well. It is bigger, brighter, and tomorrow we'll see if it is hungry.

Botar

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
[BTW, your pic on the other thread is wonderful ... you're a knock out! [/B][/QUOTE]

what picture on what thread?! I wanna see! ;-)
Ed

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Botar - I'll definitely keep in touch. The L. parahybanas are all roughly the same size as the one I already have. I may have to try breeding these guys once they're big enough.

mrderanged - Well, if my P. irminia doesn't make a great display animal, I guess I'll just have to keep buying more Ts until I get it right. =D

atavuss, jwb121377, and Atlanta Native - Thank you all for the compliments, I'm flattered.