New ts

Jimi89

Arachnopeon
So I recently got a m. Robustus and p ornata! Thrre both slings and I'm thinking about there next steps, so my question is why this.I want to set up terreriums with live plants. I have at least 3 mints till there moving in somihave time to get it right before they move in. But ive never done live plants. should I use special soil or fertilize my normal soil? Are there plants that have negative effects on ts?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
So I recently got a m. Robustus and p ornata! Thrre both slings and I'm thinking about there next steps, so my question is why this.I want to set up terreriums with live plants. I have at least 3 mints till there moving in somihave time to get it right before they move in. But ive never done live plants. should I use special soil or fertilize my normal soil? Are there plants that have negative effects on ts?
Well it's a lot of work and inconvenience, but if you want to do it I'm sure you can set something up. If you meant M.robustom, it will burrow and probably destroy your plants at the roots, P.ornata on the other hand may be less prone to hurting the plants, although they could web them up and kill them, it would not be as likely.

Also remember that most plants need water regularly, and you can't keep the enclosure overly moist at the expense of your T. On top of that they need light, which your spider will like even less. A lot of conflicting care requirements between the two, it could become quite a hassle. Ts are so easy to keep, why complicate things? ;)

Jimi89

Arachnopeon
Yes M. Robustom sorry, im a little rusty this is my first tike actually active in ts in a while. My g. pulcra mall just molted his big molt after 8 years! I know i can do this its just another step :)