New ts

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I picked up a juvenile P. cancerides, a juvenile P. murinus, and two B. emilia slings at the exotics expo today. Also bought my first scorpion after a long hiatus from them, a subadult H. arizonensis :D

Unfortunately, people mostly had adults and subadults, so there just wasn't much that I could afford this trip, but it was fun to get out and look.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Galeogirl,

I'm jealous. We have no such thing in this area. The closest we have is an anual reptile expo and no inverts are allowed.:( I wish you well with your new slings and things.

Botar

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with the quality of the animals I found at the two tables that were carrying inverts.

Shows only happen twice a year around here, I have to travel three or more hours to Seattle to go to the larger expos. I wish they were more frequent. The local shows are mostly reptiles and birds but there are a few inverts, even if the selection isn't huge.

Who knows? Maybe someday I'll have my own little table at the expos again.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
whee!!! thanks for the emilia tip Galeogirl...I picked up one myself even though I swore I WOULD NOT get anything :)
I couldn't help it though!
Nice to see ya there :)

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
whee!!! thanks for the emilia tip Galeogirl...I picked up one myself even though I swore I WOULD NOT get anything :)
Silly Holly...

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lasiodora
What do the cancerides slings look like?
It's about an inch long and velvety blue-black. Very pretty little sling. Looks kind of leggy. Major attitude and really fast. Wish I'd had enough $$$ to pick up a few more.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Those things are vicious as they mature. I have a 5" female P.atrichrome, which is debated as being just a colormorph as cancerides. Shes as quick to bite the hell out of my pincers and attack her water than any of my spiders have been to date...except the nigricolor...

-V

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Reminds me of my juve Goliath birdeater. he's like Scrappy Doo, really small but always trying to fight.

"Let me at him uncle Scoob, let me at him!"

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
Galeogirl,

I'm jealous. We have no such thing in this area. The closest we have is an anual reptile expo and no inverts are allowed.:( I wish you well with your new slings and things.

Botar
Botar - that's a GREAT NAME IDEA!!! A store devoted to inverts called Slings n' Things!!! Too cool. Now, to win the lottery and open said store :D

Good luck with your new babies galeogirl :)

Gail

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what? you guys meet up and no pics were taken?!
Bet Shelby had a great time at the show, eh? when I take my son to the reptile shows he gets bored in 5 minutes!
Ed

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Oh dear, I did forget the camera LOL!
I went back today, just to get crickets (yeah, right) ...I am now the proud owner of a beautiful female G pulchra LOL
I will post pics later (after Mark goes to work!!)
I am so naughty

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Holley,

Did you buy that gorgeous G. pulchra from Alex? He told me it was on hold for someone when I was at his table. It's a good thing I spent all of my money yesterday, I would have been tempted to go back today if I had more. :)

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh dear, I did forget the camera LOL!
I went back today, just to get crickets (yeah, right) ...I am now the proud owner of a beautiful female G pulchra LOL
I will post pics later (after Mark goes to work!!)
I am so naughty
you mean Mark doesn't know YET?! he he he! how big is the pulchra you got?
Ed

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
shhhhh
Galeogirl..the person that was supposed to buy her did not...so she was still there today at 4pm.
I couldn't NOT buy her...could I???!!
that's what credit cards are for!

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Addiction is healthy, if its not crack and your not paying for sex.
well, maybe not healthy....

-V