New t's from Invertepet

darby

Arachnopeon
I just received my Ornamental Baboon and Usumbara Baboon from Invertepet. I was really careful about getting them into their new homes, as this is my first experience with any of the more defensive species. The usumbara has a body about an inch or so long. Very small. I remembered all I have read about them on the board and was very cautious. When I opened the container it was in, it took off at a very high rate of speed. I managed to get the lid on quickly, but it almost escaped. After that, I did not want to take any chances with the Ornamental(its about 4 inches or so). So I just gradually took the lid off and let it sit in the cage until it got out on its own. I have to say that Bill from Invertepet was really helpful, answered my numerous questions and responed to all my emails. The T's look great and I am really glad that I ordered from Bill.

darby

Arachnopeon
I have her in a large critter keeper, with jungle mix as substrate, a piece of grapevine, a half log she can make a nest under, and I a have a zoo med heat pad on the side. The heat pad is shared between the usumbara and the togo. The usumbara has a have a coconut shell as a den. The usumbara is already eating crickets an has undertaken major construction inside the coconut(she is moving the substrate around, webbing, and very active under there. I shine a flash light so I can see what shes up to. The Ornamental is just on the side of the critter keeper, has not eatten a cricket yet, and has not explore its new home. I guess it is just recovering from being shipped.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cool I think you will have a nice display tarantula on your hands.