new to scorps...i need some detrailed help picking a scorp!

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello everyone! i've done lots of research but i always prefer talking to people who know from first hand experiance about any animal before i pick one to purchase, i'm looking for a Scorp between 1-4 inches tottal length that is either multi colored, brightly colored, or any phase red. im going to be getting several differnt types, i want atleast one that mainly stings and is fairly\very aggressive, atleast one that does major pincer damage (no emperors) also i'd prefer a scorp that is native to the desert, somthing i can use sand as a subtrate for, (ive got a couple HOT looking vivs ready for desert dwelers i'd like to put scorps in there) also...communal scorps would be nice aswell, remember im not looking for one particular spp. im looking for a bunch of em! :D ideas, pics anything i'm open for buisness (and YES i did do thread searches but i couldn't find the information i was looking for so i decided to simply ask)

thanks in advance! and sorry if its a bit discombobulated...its been a weird day, thanks for understanding and for any responces i get! :):clap: :worship: {D

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
scorpio maurus
babycurus jacksoni
centruroides vittatus
androctunus bicolor
androctunus australis
heterometrus xanxopus (spelling?)

:D

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
scorpio maurus
babycurus jacksoni
centruroides vittatus
androctunus bicolor
androctunus australis
heterometrus xanxopus (spelling?)

:D

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
kahoy,

I think you missed the part that he wants them on a desert set-up. So no H. xantophus/fulvipes.

loyaluntodeath,

I would dissuade you from acquiring hot species from the genus androctonous if you are not yet experienced. There is a big difference between lots of reading and actual hands-on experience. But you can try scorps with level 3 venom if you are responsible and knows how to respect animals.

Now based on your criteria here are my suggestions based on my experience:

Desert or semi arid set-up
Communal / Wicked looking tail

Vaejovis spinigerus

Mesobuthus martensii

Hottentotta hottentotta

Desert set-up or semi arid / Nice color / readily stings

Hadrurus arizonensis

Smeringurus mesaensis

Centruroides excilicauda (Communal)

Babycurus jacksoni (This requires a half moist half dry substrate)