NEW T TONIGHT!!!!!!....but what????

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But the selling points for the pink toe were the tiger rump had had really pale skin and was going to molt soon.
1 - Since it was about to molt I just wanted leave it and not disturb it
2 - The pet store said the tiger rump was a real meanie and I don't want any meanies....................yet!!
Well, I don't know what size fasciatum you were looking at, but my two aren't pale before a molt, they are almost black. They also aren't meenies.

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's a cute little avic you have there. I am breeding them now, and can tell you with 100% certainty that it is not a MM yet, if it is male. They certainly have a look to them, though, kind of like they want to hide their eyes and fangs with their peds. It's pretty endearing.

HARLEY-XLH666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I don't know what size fasciatum you were looking at, but my two aren't pale before a molt, they are almost black. They also aren't meenies.
It wasn’t incredibly big. Little bigger than the pink toe. It could very well have been turning black I didn't spend too much time looking at it this time. Had a loooooooooong day at work yesterday and just wanted to get the pink toe and get outta there. As for the attitude it could be one of the ones that don't fit its personality profile. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it though because it has come down in price since my last visit there but I want to give it some time in case it is about to molt because something is definitely up with its color.

HARLEY-XLH666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ya know, to be honest, I'm not quite convinced it's a male, at least not mature, anyway. It seems that my female has pedipalps that look like yours. I think avicularia avicularia sort of have pedipalps that are a little wider on the end than other tarantulas, maybe to help them stick or something. I've seen MM pedipalps on other avics and they just seem much shorter than yours. Get a ventral shot if you can and we'll see what's going on. Now, if it has hooks then obviously it's MM but, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion based on what you have. :)
Here it is but I don't know if the pic is good enough...
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/gallery/showimage.php?i=6991&c=9

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thats right it's a male but from a pet store so I'm not surprised. Hell of a set of "gloves" on it. Every time I opened the box on the ride home I couldn't help but laugh a how teeny it looked compared to my rose hairs. There is just over 150 holes drilled in the purple top for ventilation. Hasn't displayed any speedyness yet rather sluggish actually. Probably really stressed after having kids coming and banging & tapping on the tank all day. (The Ts are kept in the tanks closest to the floor.)
wow its very beautiful but do you have a female for him?

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't think avics flick urticating hairs but I think they still have them, I've read they can press them onto you with their abdomen. So take care with her still, you don't want to get them on your hands and then rub your eyes or something :eek:
Most lit. says they can't flick hairs. I guess some people have seen them do it, but i never have. They are butt draggers tho, they DEFINITELY CAN rub them into your hand that way if you annoy them enough.
As far as the poo shooting, my little 2.5 inch guy shot a friend of mine once from about 2 feet away. I laughed so hard I almost dropped the little guy! Enjoy him/her tho, great lookin spidey{D