New T room almost complete...

Maxrpm

Arachnopeon
Decided to build a new T room in my basement due to the one I keep them in now is way too small. Kinda made it a ghetto room to keep the costs down and built it for less than 350$ Had to build a wall to split the room and ran a dedicated 20amp line because of all the other UVB and heating lamps on the rest of my critters kept tripping the breaker.

I used 4' x 8' - 1" polystyrene to line the walls and ceiling. I then used caulking to seal the seams. I did this so I can keep most of my heat and humidity in the room and limit the mold. I screwed 6" pieces of boards to keep the ceiling panels in place. Didn't want to glue them in case i have to access the CATV or CAT5 that runs into my daughters room. Looks kinda tacky but for what i'm using it for it works.

I do have one question. I used Liquid Nails to glue the polystyrene panels onto the walls. How long should I wait to be sure that the fumes won't harm my t's? I was going to wait at least a week but should i wait longer?

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nice! have you decided on a flooring? or will you leave it concrete?

Looks good man. just be proud, not everyone gets a full room for Ts.

JOHN 3:16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A week should be sufficent. Good work too. :clap: Do you plan on painting? Keep us posted.

baconmushroom

Arachnopeon
awesome T room! and yes, a week would be enough..bacon is envious!
congrats on your new T room!:worship:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh man, and fill it with big naturalistic enclosures! How freakin' sweet would that be!

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I want a T room soooooooooo badly.

Right now, they're on a big ole shelf in my room. Not classy, but it works. {D

Maxrpm

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys..

I'll be putting in carpet but not going to paint it.

I have a 55 gallon aquarium i'm going to be putting Piranha in to help with humidity along with my humidifier. My roach colony is exploding so gonna see if i can train em to eat roaches. {D

Will post another pic when i get it finished

losct2381

Arachnosquire
i would use bamboo flooring or something renewable .beside i dont know about carpet i would be too afraid of mold invading it. like i said i would use bamboo or tile. but nice room looks huge keep us posted. i def want to see what it looks like full and all done. i'm a graphic designer so i would do poly wall sheet of forest and of other t's u know make it look good. in my room i got nature sounds playing and i time it with the light to simulate the suns rotation. birds and water and other stuff like that during the day and crickets and other bugs at night. but like i said looks good good luck want to see it done

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks good! What size room is this?

One thing to consider is ventilation. The humid air can create a mold issue. Even the small gaps in ther ceilling can let air get in and start mold where you cannot see it. Even a bathroom vent fan that can be run periodically will help.

Be sure to keep progress posted.

Josh1129

Arachnopeon
I would love to have a room dedicated to just T's lol I would get in some trouble with that though.