New T question

Bulldog08

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got a 3.5" p.murinus via FedEx this afternoon. Its legs were slightly curled in the shipping container. I got it out and it hasn’t moved yet. Ive tried stroking it with a paint brush and no movement. I think its DOA :( is there a definitive test to make sure its dead before I ship it back?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Defensive test? No..... If its not moving at all and its legs are curled under then its DOA and you need to contact the person you bought it from now.... because the longer you wait the less likely they are to replace or refund your purchase.

bkirchner81

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how was it packaged in there?

I've had problems before with slings being packaged with some loose dirt- which after some jostling and shaking around during normal shipping, results in a spider buried alive.

This probably aint the case with your OBT, but were there any possibilities like too much room in the container- allowing the spider to be shook up like a pin-ball?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have had this happen as well....... with some careful planning this can be avoided. When I pack my Ts they have just enough space to fit in there scrunched up and thats it. I have never had a DOA.......(knocking on wood). :D

Bulldog08

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it was in a plastic container with paper towels and padding. It looked like a good packing job to me. Not sure what happened.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Anything could of happened.. she could of got cold or a number of things.. does she look healthy?
contact the person u got her from but put her in a dark container in the warm and leave her undisturbed... worth a shot :)