New T pics

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi everyone, Just thought i'd post a few pics of my new G.rosea. She is 3 inches.

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Looks like exactly the same aquarium I have for my B. smithi. I wish my rosehair would sit still long enough to leave a lid open that long :)

Nice looking gal.

Bill

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I used to have a b.smithi in it too hehe. It is a 2.5 gallon with locking top.

Mark

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Was that with a digital camera ? if so, what kind ?

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes it was a digital camera. It is a Canon Powershot A40...2.0 megapixel. We got it with arimiles but it costs around $450-$500 Canadian to buy it. Great camera with a bazillion features and can even take small movies.

Mark

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ahhhh ok! :D See, this is the primary one I've been considering buying..I made a thread about it just previously , but it went all but ignored. Anyway, just tell me it has good macro-capabilites (could I perhaps see something that strains it's macro-abilites?) and I think that might be the final nail :)

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Vys, id be happy to take a pic of something and send it to you to display it's macro capabilities. Tell me something you'd like to see a pic of up close or something and i'll take one and send it to you. All the pics i posted on this site are reduced to 40% quality and 40% size so i can post them. All the pics of the spiders ive posted except for the pic of the whole cage and spider have been with the macro function. All the ones that show a close up spider is with macro.

Mark

Last edited:

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I was thinking of getting a new camera from Airmiles. A non digital one though, they are less airmiles. Can anyone recommend a non digi cam that takes good closeup shots ?

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
in my opinion for the small premium you pay for a decent digicam over a good normal cam it is a no brainer. digicams are just too useful and practical and convienent to take over a normal camera. You dont need much more than 2.0 mega pixels in digicam because printers these days cant print any better than that anyways. And in my opinion you cant tell the diff between a good pic with a 3 or 4 megapixel camera or a 2 megapixel.

Mark

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great pics. You have convinced me that I don't have to have anything much greater than 2.0 megapixel, although I am still drooling over my photographer friend's camera at 6+ megapixels!

Bryan

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
To the naked eye, 2 mega pixels and 6 will look the same, and when you print them they will look the same because your printer cant do more than around 2 mega pixels if you have a real good one. Where you will notice the difference is if you use programs like photoshop and blow your picture up, zoom in on one thing, or things of that sort. With 6 mega pixels, you can zoom in an amazing amount without losing the slightest bit of quality or blow the picture up with no quality loss or very little. With a 2.0 mega pixel, which is significantly cheeper, you can do everything perfectly except things mentioned above regarding blowing up and zooming in. To my knowledge thats the only difference. Also on the better cameras you probabaly get more optical zoom rather than digital zoom, better lenses etc. but i cant tell the diff!

Mark