New T!!!!! GBB!

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey i just got a Greenbottle blue T today! It's great it's about 1". I can't wait till it webs all over! :)
Here's a picture.

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats! I have a Greenbottle sling of the same size as well. My main problem is that she has webbed in her little waterdish. It's quite hard to put the eyedropper through the webbing. The tensile strength of such a fragile looking web amazes me. She's also a really good eater as well. She has a nice full rump that is rapunzel worthy. I'd post pics but I hate flashing those poor little slings with my Digital Camera.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congrats on the little chromatopelma!
They are indeed very cool, I have 2, they were only 5 euro each, so I bought one extra, just in case. They are soon becomming one of my favorites! They have a unstoppable appetite, and web a lot! :)
You did the right thing by buying one of those guys.

Dennis

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys,

Godzilla- i can't wait until mine webs like that, she was just put into her new home so hopefully she will start making it more like home soon.

Dennis- I saw your GBB's on your post, i can't believe how cheap they were that is great! Mine was $20 which is pretty equal to 20 Euros. Good luck with them. They were my favorite before i ever had one, haha, now that i do have one, i think they are even more of my favorite, haha.
Mike

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Woman named after bad movie,

That size sling probably doesn't need a waterdish yet. I believe the general consensus is to wait until they hit the 2"ish mark, I only give those over 3 one, myself. That size, they either have to swim, or you have to fill the thing up every day..

Bill

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't think that post was to me, but I'll reply anyway with, it doesn't have a water dish yet, it's just a mini little child, haha. I think you sai that to godzilla, because you said woman named after a bad movie and his atvart thing is that woman, i dont know, haha ok you get my point i think... Oh well! I'm dumb anyway. Anyone else who has GBB's post pictures here please, i would like to see!!! Thanks
Mike=D =D =D

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Yes, that was to godzilla2000..

Anyhow, per your request.. here's mine, same size as yours...

Bill

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Bill, How can you handel yours? Mine is very fast and a little nervous, but that might have something to do with that fact that she just got off a plane from FL to NJ, so maybe she's a little shoken up, haha literally. Was yours nervous and speedy when she first arrived? Mine is was to fast as of right now to even consider taking out, maybe they just have different personalities. I'll see soon enough. Nice picture, ours are almost identical in size, if mine turns out male and yours turns out female or the other way around, who knows, maybe in a year or so, they could be mates? haha That would be nice, I'm thinking ahead, haha ok well nice picture. Thanks for sharing.
Mike

KelliH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
GBB pic

I have posted this pic before but here is my greenbottle. This pic is a few weeks old, she is preparing to molt again now. I'll post a new pic after she molts. She is about 2.5-3" now.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Woman named after bad movie,

That size sling probably doesn't need a waterdish yet. I believe the general consensus is to wait until they hit the 2"ish mark, I only give those over 3 one, myself. That size, they either have to swim, or you have to fill the thing up every day..

Bill
Ah! :eek: How dare you get my Avatar mixed up with a movie that did not star Lynda Carter but Tennis Player Cathy Lee Crosby!? That my friend is the Wonder Woman from the 70's Hit TV series not the Movie.
But anyways......when I say dish I mean it is no bigger than half of my thumb in size. (Please don't ask me how I managed to find something that small because I honestly can't tell you.) Plus I put one drop of water from an eye dropper in it. Personally it is mainly there for humidity plus I've caught my sling dipping its front legs in and cleaning itself. I have insofar not experienced anything bad with this method. If anything the sling just ignores it most of the time and just hangs around it for a quick humidity fix. So if it works for me, that is all you need to know. You do it your way and I'll do it my way. Capiche?

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by invadermike
Thanks guys,

Godzilla- i can't wait until mine webs like that, she was just put into her new home so hopefully she will start making it more like home soon.

Dennis- I saw your GBB's on your post, i can't believe how cheap they were that is great! Mine was $20 which is pretty equal to 20 Euros. Good luck with them. They were my favorite before i ever had one, haha, now that i do have one, i think they are even more of my favorite, haha.
Mike
I just dread the day when I have to move her to a larger enclosure. I don't think my Greenbottle Blue will be quite happy with the fact I've just destroyed her webbing. :(

SurfinJB

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Web it will do!! I have 4 and they always run to the bottom of their deli containers when I open the lid. They're all very good about stayin inside and not makin a break for freedom. They're alittle nervous by nature and I've noticed they have small spurts of speed when its time to eat or when they scare but I find mine predictable and fun. By the way I wonder what the quickest T is. My vote would be a usambara or H.maculata-Heard P.irminia is pretty fast too

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sweet GBBs, guys. I definitely will have to get one someday. Wouldn't it be nice if they kept their abdomen pattern into adulthood?

Conipto, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but what happened with your ring finger?

Bry

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Coooool Dude! That is one of the T's that is next up on our Wishlist. That or a Versicolor or a Suntiger. One of those three. We already got our Giant Striped Knee!

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Godzilla2000
Ah! :eek: How dare you get my Avatar mixed up with a movie that did not star Lynda Carter but Tennis Player Cathy Lee Crosby!? B]

"Named after".. Think about it.

Bill

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bry
Sweet GBBs, guys. I definitely will have to get one someday. Wouldn't it be nice if they kept their abdomen pattern into adulthood?

Conipto, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but what happened with your ring finger?

Bry
Married life was unkind to me.

Bill

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
"Named after".. Think about it.

Bill
I hate riddles! I'm never good at them. It's a good thing I didn't choose Riddler as my avatar.

Gregg1LE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: GBB pic

Originally posted by KelliH
I have posted this pic before but here is my greenbottle. This pic is a few weeks old, she is preparing to molt again now. I'll post a new pic after she molts. She is about 2.5-3" now.
WOW!I see my next T purchase......:)