New T day and more!

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So, it's 6:30 in the morning and i'm sitting up drinking wine, eating pizza, and cleaning empty plastic boxes....
Why you may ask?

Well, Bearacuda came to D-town this weekend to go to a reptile expo tommorow.
With her came two new Ts to me, C. crawshayi and C. cyneopubescens.

at a pretty respectible cost ;)

so i have to go pick her up at 9:30 so we can be there when doors open....

i'm thinking about forgetting my wallet at home since i'm going to spend every last bit of cash and credit i have tommorow.....

hehehehehe:)

Well, Ernest and Julio are calling.....

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'm thinking about forgetting my wallet at home since i'm going to spend every last bit of cash and credit i have tommorow.....
But that's the fun part.:) Then you get to spend the rest of the week broke. Have fun at your reptile show.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

cool, have fun at the reptile show! i live in Michigan to, where is the show? thanks,

James

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it was in troy... it's tommorow from 10 to 5 too..

don't bother going.

it really wasn't much impresive... i did get one of the most beautiful baby bearded dragons i've ever seen....
can't wait till this little stud grows up......

scarkro

Arachnopeon
well its reptile show day here in NY/NJ today for me as well im hoping to pick up some beauties

spend lots of monies on furry little creatures

yeah

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got back from the NY rep show yesterday broke. Now has anyone noticed that after awhile you start to come home from the shows with less T's but you are spending more money. My first show I came home with 12 T's I think thats how many, anyway this show my 3rd, I came home with only 6 but I still managed to spen all most the same amount. Well at least I am happy with my new ones.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by savian
Now has anyone noticed that after awhile you start to come home from the shows with less T's but you are spending more money.
That's the classic progression of any hobby, be it tarantulas, comics, or coins.
  • When you start, you're just a "casual" hobbyist and you tell yourself, the gf/wife and anyone else who will listen you're just into it because you like tarantulas in general. I mean, you would never think of spending $150 on just one tarantula when you can get all of these equally nice specimens for under $20
  • Then comes the, "Wow, I've gotten in pretty deep" stage where you rationalise with the best of the addicts that it really isn't going to make a difference if you add that $75 female juvenile of that species you really like - I mean, sure, you've already got three little bald slings at home, but this is a perfectly marked, known female. It's such a bargain.
  • Soon enough, you've now filled out your list for every normal species you ever wanted but the drive to acquire just won't go away. This is when buying the $150 4" female G. pulchra or 5" female P. ornata start to make a lot of sense, or picking up the lot of the four blue-fang slings at the show for $100 total because it was "such a bargain!" seems perfectly normal.
  • Finally, no matter what your intentions back at stage one, this is where you're saving money to get a sub-adult female of that new, just discovered nine months ago and imported for the first time, greyish-blue tarantula with the yellow bands on the femur, instead of the knees like its close relative that's been in the hobby for ten years, at the bargain firesale price of $350.