New T. Blondi Q's

Webslinger

Arachnopeon
I just recieved a new Unsexed T. Blondi 6-7".

I was observing it tonight for the first time and realized it has small black claws at the tips of it's feet. I am not too experienced in sexing T's but I believe I read in an old post the males have the claws on their legs when they mature for mating purposes.

My question is are these claws a sure sign my new blondi is a male?

And if so...How long should I expect him to live?

P.S. I'll post pics when I can.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just recieved a new Unsexed T. Blondi 6-7".

I was observing it tonight for the first time and realized it has small black claws at the tips of it's feet. I am not too experienced in sexing T's but I believe I read in an old post the males have the claws on their legs when they mature for mating purposes.

My question is are these claws a sure sign my new blondi is a male?

And if so...How long should I expect him to live?

P.S. I'll post pics when I can.
no tibial spurs or hooks. sorry mate.....there is no exact measurement of age when they are that big?? its a hypothetical guess at best....

ricneto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am with 4X4. Male blondi's do not have tibia spurs.

Are you referring to the pair of hooks present in every leg?
Every T have those. I guess just an adaptation to give better grip. All t's have that in all their legs. But yes a pic will help.

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All T's have "hooks" on the tips of each leg.
Mature Males have a tibial spur on the back of the 2nd(or first if forget) joint of the front two legs.

If your T looks like a blondi but does have tibial spur's then it is a
T. Aphophysis.
But a 6-7" blondi is probably not mature yet.
So go ahead and post some pics and see what everyone things.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i should of been clearer but here is a link with a pic of a mature male...follow and read the posts to help identify what it is you might have......sorry i didnt mean to be so blunt it was really late lol... hope this helps
http://atshq.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6303

Webslinger

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the tips I'm still not sure if it's a male or not. I haven't had a chance to check underneath it to look for emboli. I am still looking for my usb cable for the digi cam so I can post a pic of it.