New stuff from show today

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I just got back from the Hamburg Penn. show today. Here is what i got, Pamphobeteus platyomma, Acanthoscurria fracta,Psalmopoeus cambridgei, Avicularia mintrax(?), and this one... He siad it was a feather leg, but didnt know the latin name. I've seen these before but dont know the latin on it either. Who can tell me?

Last edited:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
And i forgot about these roaches i got. The realy big and nasty looking. The guy told me the name but i forgot.

Last edited:

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats a stout-leg baboon or a tanzainian dwarf or something like that. either E. pachypus or E. longiceps. theres afew other possibilities but i think thats a pachypus.

theres one at the shop for 24.99 but i dunno if i wanna fork that much over...

nice t tho, btw

SurfinJB

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Could be Stromatopelma calceatum “Red Feather Leg Baboon" which by the way is very hot.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by SurfinJB
Could be Stromatopelma calceatum “Red Feather Leg Baboon" which by the way is very hot.
You have got it all wrong, look at the pick. Note the two huge hind legs are usually described to me as an E.longiceps or E.pachypus. Pategirl for example at a rep. show purchased a "red feather leg Baboon" and it turned out to be E.longiceps or E.pachypus. Another thing S.calceatum are "WHITE" with black polka dots, that to me is for SURE not a S.calceatum. They are also known to have hot venom (thanks for that info Vayu! hehe) Also common names always screw people up! Hope that cleared a few things up!

James

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The container mine was sold in just said "Featherlegs" on it. It's still a nice spider, though. Can't beat it for 7 bucks :)

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
Another thing S.calceatum are "WHITE" with black polka dots, that to me is for SURE not a S.calceatum.
There are actually two forms of S. calceatum, one closely resembles a Togo starburst and is as you describe, the other is covered in a lot of long, reddish hairs. At one point they were considered two distinct subspecies but I don't know if this is still the case.

Addendum: That is not to say that I think the above spider is S. calceatum, it isn't. I agree with either E. constrictus (longiceps) or E. pachypus.

Adrian

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i also stand behind belewfripp with the longiceps/pachypus....

keep us posted with pics! I love these "I.D ME PLEASE:what the hell did i get and can i touch it" posts :)

peace,
dave

SurfinJB

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well the only reason I said could be S.calceatum was cause Philth said feather leg- not like I acutally knew- just throwing things out their for him/her to research.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Thanks for responding...

I didnt think it was S. calceatum either. I had feather legs before, with the white and black spots all over them. When the guy told me "feather leg" I new it was his best guess. I think S.calceatum is a tree spider (please correct if wrong), this looks like a ground dweller to me. Any way i didnt care what it was. It was only ten bucks. Now its gonna drive me crazy trying to figure out if its E. longiceps or E. pachypus. Does any one have a pic of both speices, im having trouble finding the longiceps?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Philth --

give me some time to dig through some ZIP disks of mine, i'll see what I can come up with -- i know there's a longiceps somewhere...

in the mean time -- could you possibly snag a couple pics, from straight down, straight on, and another side shot?

just for some better reference? It could help, maybe!

let us know!
peace,
dave

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that roach, and i am kinda shocked with myself for knowing this, considering i hate the little things, is a False-Death's Head Cockroach....