New spiders!!

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I went to Erato today to buy some spiders. I didn't know what I wanted yet.. I did like the Avicularia Versicolor, so that was spider 1. On this pic I'm moving it to it's new enclosure, here's his pic.

It is a kinda clumsy spider, and walks kinda strange. When it was on my hand, he did something strange, he sprayed something at me. Guess it was poo.

For the second spider I could pick either the Cyclosternum fasciatum or the Pamphobeteus Platyomma. After looking at both for about 15 minutes I still haven't made up my mind. Then my eye fell on a good looking Brachypelma Vagans... Then I had 3 spiders to chose from!! After checking some scorps out, i decided to look at the spiders again. Well, let's say, I didn't want the Brachypelma Vagans anymore. So Just the Cyclosternum Fasciatum and the Pamphobeteus Platyomma were left to chose from. And Guess what, I took both! =D

Here's my cute Pamphoboteus Platyomma. He is quite a fast fella, and just loves crickets!

This is him munching down on one. I just love his orange/black colored butt. :)

Last but not least, my Cyclosternum Fasciatum!

He already seems acclimated to its new enclosure... He just sits down there, not in its hide yet. Also he hasn't druk or eaten anything. But that's just a matter of time.

Well, hope you like my new spideys!

Ðennis

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dennie,
Nice pics. and great looking spiders.
What I'd like to know is, how did you post all those pics. in one posting? Please explain how its done. :)

Thanks,
Ernie

Mad Scientist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Guess it was poo
I had one such similar incedent happen to me; it was with our A. avicularia.

Well the story goes... When we first got her home, my mom was holding her; ("she" being our second T since the last one had just died) and then all of a sudden she pointed her abdomen in the air. All I saw was this thin stream coming at me. Like a projectile ; and I swear it must have been from 4' away...

I never fully recovered. :D

Last edited:

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yeps, I thought it was going to kick hairs at me ... Then I realized A. Versicolors don't kick hairs, and all the sudden a large amount of watery stuff came out, just like a water gun. Didn't know a small spider like that had that much stuff in it :).
The P. Platyomma is doing great, still eats every cricket I throw in.

Ðennis

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice new additions Dennie. :) I like the little enclosures you've made for them too. Good job!.

Atrax