New spiderling: Dying already?

desireewolfgang

Arachnopeon
Well, I figured, or was hoping at least, that because she was so lethargic and missing hairs it would be a sign of molting and not something bad.
I also have no idea is she had made a mat or anything like that because they moved her from the tiny cup she was in before to a bigger one. The cup she came in was pretty much the same size as her. I also don't think they would have sent in any information of previous or recent molts, shouldn't be important if she was brought in properly, I guess.
It doesn't look like anything has changed at all, though.
Poo. :(

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I figured, or was hoping at least, that because she was so lethargic and missing hairs it would be a sign of molting and not something bad.
I also have no idea is she had made a mat or anything like that because they moved her from the tiny cup she was in before to a bigger one. The cup she came in was pretty much the same size as her. I also don't think they would have sent in any information of previous or recent molts, shouldn't be important if she was brought in properly, I guess.
It doesn't look like anything has changed at all, though.
Poo. :(
Well return it

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Agreeing with Chris.

Return it, get your money back, and try again.

Maybe get one from someone that can give you what you pay for.

That is clearly not a Curly Hair, in any case.

desireewolfgang

Arachnopeon
Well, I called them today. They said they would get me another one. :\

& if it's not a curly hair, then what is it? haha

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For the record, Agent, the abdomen size was not what made me think that the tarantula was not dehydrated, but rather that it did not look at all wrinkled/shrivelled, or have small indents that often happen when a T has not had enough moisture.
You're right, it could be all the same and you have a point about the curling, but you jumped to conclusions about my reasoning.

desireewolfgang

Arachnopeon
I repeat..

if it's not a curly hair, then what is it?

& what makes you say it's not a curly hair?

No one is giving me any information on this, I'm not going to go in and be like "Hey, wrong species. Some guys on the internet told me so. I don't know why, but they must be right."

If everyone is referring to coloration, maybe it's because she was sick? Froze half to death in a truck? I don't know anything about sick tarantulas, but just a question. When I looked more closely at the bald spot (too late for pictures), she did have some weird black spots.

Last edited:

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The body type, coloration, and markings just don't match up with a Curly Hair.

It sort of resembles my C. marshalli slings that are about that size, though I doubt that's what it is.

Need more experienced eyes to properly identify.

desireewolfgang

Arachnopeon
Well, I guess when I get the new one, if it lives haha, I'll post some, and better, pictures of that one and see what everyone thinks.