new slings!!!

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
bet ya can't wait til they get bigger and starting getting color eh?

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
yeah no kidding! |D

say, um, what's the best way to feed these little guys? i put some TINY pinheads in but they all seemed afraid of them.

so, i killed the pinheads and yet their little bodies still remain uneaten. :/

suggestions?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You just received them today, right?
Their stressed from the shipping. Give them a day or two to calm down and they'll start munching crics.;)

Ernie

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Molt

My little guys stop eating about a week before they molt - they could be in pre-molt. Mine actually ate on the same day I received them from Express Mail - not all get shipping syndrome.

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
I always wait about two days before feeding recently bought T's. They can go a long time without eating, so two days is nothing and it gives them a chance to calm down and get acclimated to their new surroundings.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great new T's you got there. I've got large ones of all 3 and they are great, my Chaco is huge and she should get about 8". Don't worry about them not eating, they'll eat when they're ready, and they molt about once a month when they are that size, so that can be the reason too.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah a chaco! it took over the number one place on my "I WANT THESE T's" list!

Its a great T!

Nice good Ts you've got there... its gonna be a long road till they get nice and plump and adult-y, but its an amazing thing watching them and 'raising' them from that young! You really really REALLy get a good feel for the T!

its also great for someone just starting with T's, as long as they ask questions on this board, which you do alot skadi!

Good luck and nice snag!!!

peace
dont hesitate to ask us questions, either!

dave

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, they are just so small, it's hard to believe something that small can grow to be so big. Today they're smaller than a dime, in a few years, they'll be as large or larger than your hand:)

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
aren't they just beautiful? :) none of them are afraid of me either. not a single one has gotten defensive or aggressive. sometimes one might run away a little or squish into a T ball. however, when i gently touch a leg on their side or back they relax and i've been able to carefully hold each one.

nice. :D

i can't wait until they get bigger.

next on my list: (not in order)

- Mexican Bloodleg - Aphonopelma moderatum (if only the legs didn't fade...sigh)
- Rio Grande Gold - Aphonopelma moderatum
- Mexican Red Leg - Brachypelma emilia
- Brazilian Black - Grammostola pulchra (DB i want most right now!) * DB = Docile Beginner

and later:

- Metallic White Toe - Avicularia metallica
- Antilles Pink Toe - Avicularia versicolor (my dream T)
- Greenbottle Blue - Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
next on my list: (not in order)

- Mexican Bloodleg - Aphonopelma moderatum (if only the legs didn't fade...sigh)
- Rio Grande Gold - Aphonopelma moderatum
- Mexican Red Leg - Brachypelma emilia
- Brazilian Black - Grammostola pulchra (DB i want most right now!) * DB = Docile Beginner

and later:

- Metallic White Toe - Avicularia metallica
- Antilles Pink Toe - Avicularia versicolor (my dream T)
- Greenbottle Blue - Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
---

*sigh*

its great watching them grow up T-wise :)

just busting Skadi, you're all good =D

peace,
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
(grin) no offense taken at all. :)

it's very satisfying to become interested in a new type of animal and begin learning all about them.

i'm still having to look some of the scientific names up before i post messages, but i'm getting there! it'll get to the point where i force myself to type them all out from memory - that way, i'll humiliate myself enough to never get them wrong again.

lol.

ah avics...why must you be quick? (sigh) :8o