New skin,New spider!?

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
As a lot of you know from my ranting and raving Nova Shed :D My a. Geniculata

Shes not feeding with some aggression ive never seen before!I mean the cricket is hardly on the ground before shes done a flash gorden gotten the cricket and gone straight back into her hide!

All she does now is stay in her hide :( before she used to be out and about a lot very active.....but now after she shed, she never leaves her hide!

Plus i have no chance of picking her up now,cause as soon as she knows my hand is in the pet pal she retreats deeper into her hide :8o .now before she didnt mind....plus now she is as fast as lightening and VERY aggresive when theres a cricket around even if its hid behind her hide she knows its there and goes to get it lol

Anyone had this with any of thier spiders?

shes turned into cute little dosile nova into big mean shy b**** with an attitude!

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No, well, partly.
As the rant goes, potato(my ~7inch l.parahybana female) was quite active, walkign around, investigating, if you can call it that, even things like my arm when I was working in the tank.
Now she like your Nova retreats as soon as I do something in the tank. I can still see her since she stays all the time in a corner of the tank, or very close to it. The difference is that as soon as I throw in a cricket or whatever food item, nothing happens. If the presumed food happens to wander to close to her, she spooks and leaps to her corner and cringes and shudders.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Vys
No, well, partly.
As the rant goes, potato(my ~7inch l.parahybana female) was quite active, walkign around, investigating, if you can call it that, even things like my arm when I was working in the tank.
Now she like your Nova retreats as soon as I do something in the tank. I can still see her since she stays all the time in a corner of the tank, or very close to it. The difference is that as soon as I throw in a cricket or whatever food item, nothing happens. If the presumed food happens to wander to close to her, she spooks and leaps to her corner and cringes and shudders.
lol same used to happen to Nova before she shed! now the crickets dont last 5 secounds ANYWHERE in her tank and now shes like a bolt of lightening but before she used to be quite sluggish in her movement

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I love my geniculata so much. She has never refused a food offer before. One time, I threw in a piece of beef and she grabbed it and finished it off. You can't go wrong with geniculata.