new scorps soon

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hi all, i'll be getting some scorps here soon and was wondering anyone had any helpful advice on keeping and rearing them thanks ahead of time everyone, heres what i'm getting 5x3''emperor scorpions(want to make a communal tank with these guys), 5x1.5'' texas bark scorpions, and 8x1'' arizona bark scorpions, may also be getting a 5'' whalbergs tri color scorpion that is beleaved to be gravid, thanks again--Jeff

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Weapon-X
hi all, i'll be getting some scorps here soon and was wondering anyone had any helpful advice on keeping and rearing them thanks ahead of time everyone, heres what i'm getting 5x3''emperor scorpions(want to make a communal tank with these guys), 5x1.5'' texas bark scorpions, and 8x1'' arizona bark scorpions, may also be getting a 5'' whalbergs tri color scorpion that is beleaved to be gravid, thanks again--Jeff
see if you can find Manny Rubio's book:
"Scorpions, a Complete Pet Owner's Manual" it is printed by Barron's, I think a few of the online dealers carry it, also your favorite book retailer should be able to order it for you.
Ed

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

okay thanks, but does anyone know how to care for or rear bark scorpions, i've pretty much done a lot of research on emps in the last few days, and the whalbergs i'm still not sure of--Jeff

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

hey thanks dave that thread helped out a lot, by the way i am not trying to start any arguments by this okay nor am i saying i am doing this either, but the guy i'm getting these from has told me he has had crosses between texas barkscorpions and arizona bark scorpions that they are real dark in color and aggressive, just wondering is this possible or am i being bs'd, i have no intention of doing this was just curious if it was even possible?, thanks ahead of time---Jeff

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
They are both closely related species...C.exilicauda(Arizona Bark Scorpion) and C.vittatus(Texas Bark Scorpion). They live in nearly the same conditions.

I would Imagine(this is only speculation) that hybridization might be possible. It is also possible that he is just seeing a darker phase of the C.vittatus. There are several species of scorps that have several color phases. Different color phases are even seen in the same 'litter'. The the pallid color phase in H.arizonensis (Desert Hairy) is seen right along wiht the 'nomal' colored babies. There is a pic of this somewhere on the web...it escapes me at the moment.

John
];')

steve055

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a C. Vittatus, she really likes the vertical surface and is always sitting in plain view at the top of a vertical piece of bark. Probably the best "display" scorpion i have. The others are out and active at night.