New SCOLOPENDRA SP 'WHITE LEGS' pling seeking helpful advice

CK415

Arachnopeon
Hi. I recently got a Scolopendra sp. 'White Leg' pling and any advice would be appreciated.

-Temps
-Feeding variety and schedule

fcat

Arachnolord
Arachnosupporter
If searching this website didn't yield any results...

Do you know where they are native to? And any other species in that area? That's how I would keep it.

Also you can ask the breeder you got it from.

Hi. I recently got a Scolopendra sp. 'White Leg' pling and any advice would be appreciated.

-Temps
-Feeding variety and schedule

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
not sure about temps, room temperature should be fine

feedings depend on size of the scolopendra and the size of the meal, about every 1-2 weeks

insects for the most part, occasional fruit (they do take raw meat or shrimp but i'd only attemt high quality fresh meat if any at all)

@Zac0904, who has attemted breeding the species, fingers crossed, @Staehilomyces , @Kada or @scolopender21 may be able to help

NYAN

Arachnoking
I’ve never kept white legs as plings but I’ve kept and bred adults and subadults. This species has faired well for me in a semi arid type setting with room temperature and slightly above conditions. I feed plings as much as they will eat

scolopender21

Arachnopeon
They come from the Cajamarca area in Peru. Little ones can dry out so they need a little more moisture that larger specimens don’t need.

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I’ve never kept white legs as plings but I’ve kept and bred adults and subadults. This species has faired well for me in a semi arid type setting with room temperature and slightly above conditions. I feed plings as much as they will eat
THIS.
Overfeed your plings for the first few instars, it will raise the survival chance by a ton. As far as care goes, make sure it’s got great ventilation, keep mostly dry but provide a water dish that’s always full & overflow it occasionally into the substrate so that there’s a small damp corner, and of course feed it as much as it will eat. thats pretty much it, white legs are one of the easiest species to care for in my experience.