New realestate =)

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok guys, I've come to the conclusion that I want to move my A. Avic to a better enclosure...the one he's in now isn't really how it should be..I mean it's not bad...but it's not pro ;). I'm pickin up one of the better arboreal suited exo-terra tanks and gonna do it up properly...proper substrate, bake the wood (so ive been told) better situation of water dish easier ventilation and moisture retaining and what not. The thing is...he's got himself webbed up nice and good...and the only exit from his web is..a very small slit on the top that i sometimes see him scurry into.

Now I know he's not in pre-molt...becuase he eats everytime theres crix in the cage...how would I get him out without stressing him?...I don't wanna wreck his web...cuz...one I feel bad and two, wouldnt that stress him lots? and is that coconut fibre substrate good enough? or should I add some peat or sand...ive been told to do that..even a few wood chips...any help is appreciated please guys!!!:)

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
There's no way to get him out, without stressin him. I would stick my tongs in his web, forcin him out. And have a cup ready for catchin him. Those exo-terra tanks are nice. You can get them cheaper at petsmarts.com, includin free S&H. They actually cost more at the store. As for substrate, peat is fine. I actually mix coco/peat/sand in mine.