new picz!

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That is the coolest damn thing I've seen all day! Thanks for brightening my afternoon :D

BTW, how's the temperment on that geniculata? I think they're great, and may eventually find one in my area for purchase,

N.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nocturnalpulsem,

The A.geniculata is semi defensive and agressive. I would never hold mine, but some people hold theirs. They are extremly agressive to food and will never turn down a meal, but slight disturbances in the cage like picking out remains, as long as you keep your distance, do not bother the tarantula at all. If there is alot of activity near them however, like filling up a water dish, and so much as one speck of water hits the spider, WHAM shes into defence position. These are all my observations of my 4" female.

Mark

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bjorgly
Nocturnalpulsem,

The A.geniculata is semi defensive and agressive. I would never hold mine, but some people hold theirs. They are extremly agressive to food and will never turn down a meal, but slight disturbances in the cage like picking out remains, as long as you keep your distance, do not bother the tarantula at all. If there is alot of activity near them however, like filling up a water dish, and so much as one speck of water hits the spider, WHAM shes into defence position. These are all my observations of my 4" female.

Mark
Yikes! I knew they were good eaters, but I didn't think they were that defensive. Is it just a rule that the bigger they are, the more defensive/agressive they are?

N.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nocturnalpulsem,

They arn't THAT defensive, there are many spiders that are alot worse. But when disturbed, yes they will go into defensive position. Mine is 4" and it is probabaly as agressive/defensive as it will ever be, but if you compare spiderling to adult, yes as they get larger they become more short-tempered.

Mark

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
<JUMPIN' JEHOSEPHAT> !!!!! Thats a big snake, and its eating a rat????? Did u know that a petstore can turn u down for wanting to buy a rat that u were gonna feed to ur snake??? Isnt that stupid

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Beautiful pictures Devildoll,
Really gorgeous T's. That C. crawshayi is sweet. Cant wait for mine to get some size.

Ernie

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Impressive pictures! I made my family come and look at the boa one ;)

Joy

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hey mike

is that the same p. ornata that you bought as a sling!? geez they seem to grow fast, how long did it take to get that size? it looks like a female, not sure though? great pics, what kinda cam you using i'm jealous man--Jeff

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the P. cambridgei is not sexed for sure, but it is probably a male.

the P. ornata is the one i had that was but a sling... they grow fast.... i have another one i got smaller than that an d it's almost 4.5 inches... that one is about 5.5.

i buy frozen rats... no worries on that...

thats actually my smaller boa... she's not even 5 foot.

thanx for the comments:)