New pics of Goomba, my Pyxie frog (6/10/07)

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are some new shots from tonight, better ones are to come.

Heres a comparisson picture for reference. The shot on the left is from May 3rd, 2007. The shot on the right is from tonight, June 10th, 2007. Note the darkening and pronounciation of his orange markings becoming more and more evident, etc. The pic might not shot it, but he's grown a bit too.
By the way, don't be fooled with the underbody shots, I was holding him very gently, he's just real squishy ;)

Last edited:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap: awesome he's just getting bigger in every shot! beautiful frog,makes me want to get another pyxie again.........it's been awhile.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW !

this frog is amazing, where can I get one ?

;P ;P :) :)

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update! (6/11/07)

Goomba is hungry. He usually lifts his head up when he's on the lookout for food. Tomorrow I well get him some nice roaches. Perhaps I'll videotape it.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Think he could eat a juvenile rat?
Can, and has. Nothing too massive, but a live rat pup, or small rat is not much of a task for him, though it should only be given as a very occasional treat.

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool, now if only my Horned frog will grow faster...

-Eric

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool, now if only my Horned frog will grow faster...

-Eric
Sell it and get one of these. With a horned frog you'll notice a big drop in appetite after a while, not to mention most of them eat like pussies compared to pyxies. Great frogs, but pyxies are my weapon of choice.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Excellent photographs. I think these are close to the most hilarious animals, except for sandfish.

How large a terrarium does an adult pixie frog need? How much light do they like?

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Indeed, not to mention the inevitable other chordate casualties...birds, lizards, fish...

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Excellent photographs. I think these are close to the most hilarious animals, except for sandfish.

How large a terrarium does an adult pixie frog need? How much light do they like?
An adult male would be fine in a 20 long. Half and half setup. Light isn't the most crucial thing, though I use a 25 watt for a little heat and what not. It really depends where you are, Az temperatures allow for pretty consistent warm temps. As long as D3 and other vits and minerals are supplimented, you dont need a full blown UVA and UVB spiel going.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
(I have to admit pacman frogs look a little more ridiculous, even if they do eat less.) Anyway, how long do pyxies take to get to full size?

Last edited:

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Varies alot, factors such as diet, temperature and genetics play big rolls. Most males I've seen attain an adult size around 2 years or so. It really depends. On the other hand, I've seen alleged year old frogs that were at a solid 8 inches svl...so yea.