New pickup

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
Found this little beauty in a pet store today. Couldn't resist myself, also the care of the T's we're incredibly awful. It's abdomen is deformed with it going vertically, also has bended legs, due to the small deli cup she lived in.(As you can see on the top.) When I opened the lid I expected aggresive or skittish behaviour, but all she did was stretch for the first time and walk out calmly and gratefully.(What a sweetie!) I had to take her away from her misery, so here she is now into a brand new home, where I hope she can get used to.

Attachments

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Guessing that's an Aphonopelma seemani? If so, great pickup/rescue, they're an amazing species. I currently have two juvies and I love watching them, I find their behavior pretty interesting. Their coloration isn't bad either ;)

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
That's so sad that she lived like that. That's good that you bought her to give her a better life.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Species? o_O

Beautiful T, but if it is indeed A. seemanni, then it needs much more substrate. They're not a deep burrower, but they will burrow.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Yes... and no... now their LPS will replace it with two because they think they can sell them. :meh:

It's quite a nice specimen. Any idea if it's a male or female?
I know, right? If they make a buck they will continue to sell like this. Very sad.