New owner, B.boehmei enclosure

JamieAlcroft1989

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, me again.. Just a quick question I recently purchased 4 slings all seem to be doing good, but my B.boehmei is a fair bit smaller than the other 3, I was just wondering if this enclosure is too big for it? I do have a smaller sling enclosure but this is the one I set up, thinking it would be a little larger.. 20240526_125711.jpg Thank you in advance :) 20240526_125724.jpg

FatBadBay

Arachnopeon
Congrats on your Ts!

I would definitely recommend something smaller for your sling. It'll feel safer and it will also be easier for it to find food and for you to keep an eye on it. Good luck!

Here are my b. Smithi and b. Boehmei slings. My Boehmei loves to burrow. 20240523_220433.jpg

TheraMygalo

Arachnosquire
The second set of pictures seems better but I cannot tell if the spider is tiny or the photo is creating a distortation of proportions. This is one of my G pulchripes slings. Was sold to me as 1/3” but it may be a little bigger. It has molted once in my care.

I use the recommended 1.5x -2x DSL for height for terrestrials. Also, 3x DSL for width. Could be 3x DSL for length and 2x for width. I have cubes at the moment for my slings. Tiny hide and little water bowl. Starter burrow.

Your tarantula seems very small in the enclosure. How are the feedings going?

Attachments

sparticus

Arachnoknight
I keep my baby brachypelmas in 4oz sauce cups with a tiny water dish and a tiny piece of bark to sit on/burrow under. Like this: 20240526_102345.jpg

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Hey guys, me again.. Just a quick question I recently purchased 4 slings all seem to be doing good, but my B.boehmei is a fair bit smaller than the other 3, I was just wondering if this enclosure is too big for it? I do have a smaller sling enclosure but this is the one I set up, thinking it would be a little larger.. View attachment 474211 Thank you in advance :) View attachment 474210
I used condiment to deli cups until 1.5-2” or so .

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I keep my baby brachypelmas in 4oz sauce cups with a tiny water dish and a tiny piece of bark to sit on/burrow under. Like this: View attachment 474222
That’s ideal my smallest 3 are too small for me to add tiny bits of wood yet . Unless it’s nicked sized . :rofl: 1/4” slings.
brachypelmas are on the wishlist , my t albo I’m down to 2 only got kicked out of the genus . Booted out ! 🦤