new little assasin bug

rustysreptiles

Arachnopeon
Hi all.
I just was so happy to get the newest (or one of the newest) editions to our collection. He is a juv twin spotted assaisn bug.
He is nicely caged with a newly designed enclosure. and he eats like a pig.
If anyone has any experience with these little killers. any tips opinions or whatnots' Please let me know
Thanks
RUSTY

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey,
i've got a couple of 20 species of platymeris biguthatta's(assasin bugs), my experience is to keep the real small ones apart of the adult ones (there's a chance that the big ones mistake the smaller ones for crickets and eat them) give them very much to eat, not to humid and they will grow really fast

good luck with your new bugs

greetz

rustysreptiles

Arachnopeon
happy in his new home

Thank you for you reply. I am pondering getting more as I hear they breed fast like roaches, He is settling nicely in his new little custom home. It';s quite nice, he has dozens of places to hide, but for now has mostly been climbing.
He is kept in with the hot room (bedroom, always hard to sleep hehe) but he seems to like it.
Thanks for you tips.
Rusty

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi, gongyles do they breed easily? Also, how long do they live? And finally where do you order them from? I'm from Greece and I find it hard to get such animals.....

steve055

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good to see someone from CT :) thought i was the only one.

rustysreptiles

Arachnopeon
Arachnids are everywhere,,lol

It's defuinately nice to knmow others in CT care about arachnids. I love em. I have been rescueing for some time now, and arachnids and such have become quite a hobby. If you ever wanna chat let me know. I love talking herps and bugs lol
Thanks
RUSTY

Mr. Hell

Arachnopeon
hi there,

there are two species: Platymeris biguttata (white spotted) and P. radamanthus (red spotted) .

it´s possible to keep every age together as long as they have enough room and can hide. often they sit in bulges.

if the bug is adult, you can recognize the gender at the end of the abdomen, males have a sort of knob.
it´s written, that females should reproduce parthogenetic, but it´s not proven.

keep the eggs slightly humid and at 25°C, it takes about 3-4 month until they hatch.

they can live very long as adults, aproximatly about 1-1,5 year.

greetz
andy

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Andy or gongyles

would you recommend getting nypmhs or adults? I have seen trios of adults for £10 and nymphs for £1 each...not much choice in UK though. Do either of you have any for sale?