New ling question?

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi guys
I,ve just recieved my new Brachypelma Albopilosa ling this morning "woot!"
got a quick question before i put him/her in the tank...should the Substrate be damp (not boggy i know) or should i leave it dry for this type of T?
Thanks in advance
:?

Last edited:

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
depends a bit on the size. normally, b. albopilosum like totally dry substrate, but all slings should be kept a bit moist so they can suck humidity from the soil. for all my brachy slings, i keep about half the substrate moist, the rest dry. but if it's big enough for a bottlecap as a waterdish, dry substrate is fine.

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
depends a bit on the size. normally, b. albopilosum like totally dry substrate, but all slings should be kept a bit moist so they can suck humidity from the soil. for all my brachy slings, i keep about half the substrate moist, the rest dry. but if it's big enough for a bottlecap as a waterdish, dry substrate is fine.
Hi there! thanks for reply.
He/she is about 2cm (body) and the tank has about 3 inches by 6 inches of floor space, so i could put a water filled lid in there...what would you recommend?
:?

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it should be big enough for a water dish at that size. i usually use a pop lid for mine about half full.

versiphil

Arachnopeon
Hi,

as I know she likes it more humid than all the other Brachys, because she is not from Mexico but from Costa Rica.
I`ve got a full grown female and keep her damp. She likes it in opposite to my smithi, boehmei or auratum. They would hate me for that!
So, don`t keep it too dry...

greets
Sascha