new king baboon/hatian brown enclosure

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
the baboon started a burrow but has burrowed in such a way I can still see her perfectly...how lucky is that.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the baboon started a burrow but has burrowed in such a way I can still see her perfectly...how lucky is that.
You might want to tape some black paper to the glass over where the burrow is to keep her from webbing up the glass. That way when you wanna view her you still can.

Nice tanks! Maybe a little overkill but as long as their requirements are being met and they're eating then rock on! What type of screening material is used in the lids? Normal untreated woven-metal type screen can trap their toesies if they start getting all ninja and hanging upside down from the top. There is like dip treated screen available that is safe.

PhormictopusMan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You might want to tape some black paper to the glass over where the burrow is to keep her from webbing up the glass. That way when you wanna view her you still can.
Definately a good idea. I do that with most of my burrowers. I did not do that at the end of my P. irminia's tube web. I saw her at first but when she saw that I was peeking at her she webbed it up in no time.

--Chris

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

Nice tanks! Maybe a little overkill but as long as their requirements are being met and they're eating then rock on! What type of screening material is used in the lids? Normal untreated woven-metal type screen can trap their toesies if they start getting all ninja and hanging upside down from the top. There is like dip treated screen available that is safe.
I agree I have a 15" by 8" piece of black acrilic on a hinge that always goes over it, swo she has her privacy...The screen is made of galvanized dipped aluminium wich is round woven..wich makes it even harder to get stuck.

seanrc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
AWSOME! BIG... BUT VERY COOL.. PLEASE DO A UPDATE THREAD IN A WEEK OR 2 with pics and let us know how its goin!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
AWSOME! BIG... BUT VERY COOL.. PLEASE DO A UPDATE THREAD IN A WEEK OR 2 with pics and let us know how its goin!
Will do, I want to post a video on this baboons eating habits....she has put silk strings all over the top of the substrate and it goes all the way to her burrow. so I dropped a cricket in it touched this silk string and the baboon came flying out of her den (wich is easily 3 ft away) and nailed the cricket so hard it splattered she then charged at me through the glass...its unreal.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Hey Rob,

Any pics of how this set up looks now?

Later, Tom

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey Rob,

Any pics of how this set up looks now?

Later, Tom
I have a few of the old Haitian I revamped and now it currently holds my 8" female T. Blondi and the other side holds my 8" female L. Parahybana. here's some pics:

Haitian Brown enclosure:

Female T. Blondi enclosure:

Here's a few pics of my female T. Blondi:

Female L. Parahybana enclosure:

Here's some pics of my female L. Parahybana:

Hope you enjoy!