New guy needs help

Rounder

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I vote for a green bottle blue as well - they are great eaters, nearly impossible to kill, grow quickly and have amazing colors.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
One positive point not yet mentioned about the C. cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue) is that they are nice to look at at every size. They don't start out brown like most of the rest, and they go through multiple color phases as they grow. I ordered one with the G. pulchra I just got. Here's a pic...

Sevenrats

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lasiodora parahybana, Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird Eating Spider is a great choice if you already have a Golden knee. They are more skittish and not really handleable but get huge and are very active. Best of all they are really cheap and grow very fast. Spend around $30 for a 1 to 2 incher and it will be 5 to 6 inches a year later. A bit more challenging, they might bite if provoked but mostly will just fling hairs. No beauty contest winners though, big black spider.

For what I consider a beautiful spider you might also want to consider, P. irminia. It is arboreal and very fast, and aggressive. I just got my first one and I have never seen a more beautiful tarantula. It has an elegant look to it. It is lightening fast! When it strikes a cricket, the movement is so quick it is barely perceptible by the naked eye. Better yet order both!

HaraKiri

Arachnopeon
I have decided!

With all the great feedback from all of you, I've decided on a C. cyaneopubescens. I know my local pet store has one in stock so I plan on talking to them about it and making arrangements. Thank you all very much, you've helped a ton! :D

HaraKiri

Arachnopeon
I love it in a way, because they tend to have a lot of poecilotheria in stock which I am thinking of. I am just like a little kid in a candy shop I swear.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That's awesome! My local shop only carries WC rosehairs, and they keep them in the shipping cups on a rack until they sell, which takes months. :(