New Green Tree Python

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here are a few pics of my new baby. They came from the breeder. I haven't had a chance to snap any of my own yet.

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Beautiful snake they are one of my favorites.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Stunning snake! It's like the A.versicolor of snakes {D; gorgeously colored young and adult.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap: awesome! greentrees rule! ive got three(1biak,2kafius),1emerald treeboa,good luck w/yours,what local is yours? just courious.

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was told it's the offspring of a Jayapura x Jayapura pairing. So I guess that makes it a Jayapura. :)

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ah nice! wait till that little guy/girl get's it's colors,that local is stunning.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Looks like a Brandon Osborne snake, correct? ;)

One of these days I'll have myself a GTP. When I can afford it...

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks like a Brandon Osborne snake, correct? ;)

One of these days I'll have myself a GTP. When I can afford it...
It's possible. I got it from a well known and trusted invert dealer that I almost always work with. I asked if they could wrangle me a GTP and this is what I ended up with. So I really don't know where it came from.

We are pleased.

I'm building it's vivarium right now and will post pics when it's in its new home.

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Sorry that this isn't the best pic. My house is so bright during the day that every pic I took just ended up as a bunch of reflections. I took this one in total darkness with flash.

Anyway. It's a 10 gallon tank up-ended with a piece of lexan siliconed in place to keep water and substrate in, it's elevated with a few PVC feet siliconed in place so that there's nothing hindering the cover. Then I added the back piece from an old Foamarium I wasn't using anymore, one of those new bendy vines (6 ft worth), a filter and aquarium gravel. Next came that nice rock (which was a perfect natural waterfall), a water dish for a pool, silk plants for ambiance, and live moss. A low wattage ZooMed UTH and screen top complete the habitat.

The python seems to love it. After I held if for a few minutes (very calm) I put it in the cage and it immediately looped around the main branch there in the center. After lights out I saw it moving all around checking out it's new digs.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That gravel is going to be a MASSIVE breeding ground for bacteria and is going to be a HUGE pain in the rear to clean. Just go with cypress mulch or something if you want a loose substrate.

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's filled with water to the level of the gravel and I have a power filter in there to keep it moving, so bacteria yes; however, the colonies growing should be of the beneficial variety.

I've spent years keeping aquariums and vivariums so I'm pretty well versed in how to make them hum.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nice setup! my greentrees/emerald are setup almost the same way,exept i use coconut bark chips(dry) waterdish. good luck with that little guy,hmm i remember when my greentrees were that small:p

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's filled with water to the level of the gravel and I have a power filter in there to keep it moving, so bacteria yes; however, the colonies growing should be of the beneficial variety.

I've spent years keeping aquariums and vivariums so I'm pretty well versed in how to make them hum.

I have also kep aquariums and vivariums for numerous years...I've also kept Green Tree Pythons and I know that they are 3 totally different arenas of husbandry. Do what you like, and as long as your animals thrive thats all that matters.