New friend......Curly???

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys, got a new T a few days ago, and just now got around to takin some pics. The petstore I bought this beauty from calls it a "WOOLY" tarantula. Well, it has alot of hair. My wife and I suspect it to be a B. albopilosum, "curly", what do you guys think? I hope it is since I also have a 1" sling and will have two cool looking T's. Rough estimate is its about 4-4.5". Not to bad for around 25 bucks.

Here is pic number one. I apologize for the shredded corn cob substrate but I havent arranged for new housing yet, my bad.
dale

Last edited:

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My curly was sold as a "wooly" as well. They are very well tempered tarantulas. I just wish mine would come out of its burrow from time to time.

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This T definitly seems well mannered, and content. I tried to let it onto my hand but when it touched me it stopped and kinda shaked a little. I figured it wasnt comfortable with being handled so I let it back into its temp-house. The guy at the petstore said that "woolys" were ill tempered, I disagree. So far most of what they know is right. But they still got a lot of learnin to do about T's.
dale

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If he thinks that a curly is ill mannered than you should get him an orange bitey thing(Usambara[sp?]).

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Besides Wooly Tarantula you sometimes see pet stores selling curlies as "teddy-bear" tarantulas .....I wonder why? ;)

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I bought a "sunburst baboon" from the same petstore. All they could talk about was how agressive it was. P. murinus. MUCH to be feared of. lol
dale

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
AND..... This same store, that told us the "wooly" was aggressive is where we got our H. Lividum, and they told us that cobalts are docile, just fast. The guy was reachin in the tiny little pet pal with her and scootin her around so she would walk. We just waited for her to tag him but she didn't. He must be one lucky (and stupid) guy. LOL

Ali

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I have to compliment you on some awsome photos. Thats a very beautiful wollly or curly, what ever you want to call it. ;) Id love to have one. :)

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by SpiderFood
My wife and I suspect it to be a B. albopilosum, "curly", what do you guys think?
I would say you've definitely got a B. albopilosum, (Curlyhair) and a beautiful one at that! Thanks for the lovely pictures. :)

kellygirl

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you all for the compliments, I'm sure my T appreciates it.lol
dale