New Female Phidippus Audax Behavior

LadyShia77

Arachnobaron
Hello everyone...again. My female phidippus audax changed her behavior yesterday. She usually hangs out in a little corner behind her hideaway throughout the day when she's not doing her rounds of her enclosure and sleeps there in the evenings. Yesterday, she hung out inside of her hideaway all day and didn't come out at all. Today, she has closed the hideaway off with webbing. Everyone I've asked has confirmed her as being an adult female. She is wild caught and I've had her for about 2 weeks. It also has been mentioned that she could be gravid, but I don't know what to expect from gravid jumpers. I've included pictures of her closed off hideaway (front in first pic and back in the second) as well as a picture with the area circled where she usually hangs out. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again.

Attachments

Eagle555 Jumping spiders

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone...again. My female phidippus audax changed her behavior yesterday. She usually hangs out in a little corner behind her hideaway throughout the day when she's not doing her rounds of her enclosure and sleeps there in the evenings. Yesterday, she hung out inside of her hideaway all day and didn't come out at all. Today, she has closed the hideaway off with webbing. Everyone I've asked has confirmed her as being an adult female. She is wild caught and I've had her for about 2 weeks. It also has been mentioned that she could be gravid, but I don't know what to expect from gravid jumpers. I've included pictures of her closed off hideaway (front in first pic and back in the second) as well as a picture with the area circled where she usually hangs out. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again.
Might be pre molt if she’s not fully an adult or might building a sac

regalpaws

Arachnoknight
I also think prob pre-molt. One of my regals is doing that too, its pretty normal. If she lays a sac, you will know because it'll be a lil bump in the sac that will color as it ages. The webs are usually very thick.

LadyShia77

Arachnobaron
Every time I've shown a picture of her on here, she has been identified as an adult female so I think she would be molting. However, all of the eggs sacks I've seen online are usually made in a high corner of the enclosure so that had me doubting an egg sack even though her abdomen has been huge. I guess I'll find out soon enough. lol