new enclosure

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm getting an H mac and a Togo starburst baboon (the orange one)....I brought a custom made tank that has two dividers in it which gaves me three separatetly enclosures for one tank....my question is would these tarantulas benefit if I made the enclosure suitable for a terresterial (by making a burrow) and at the same time leaving enough room for an aboreal spider???

Cause I was thinking if i did this it could molt in the burrrow (if it is aboreal and didnt want to molt in the open)

or it could be an aboreal that burrows when young but will still have enough space to be aboreal...

is this a good idea? or should i just make it suitable for its natural habitat??

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If it were me, I would just make the enclosure suitable for its natural habitat. I think It would have to be a mighty tall tank to satisfy the needs of a burrower and an arboreal with one set-up. Take a look at the p. murinus thread for set-up ideas for the pterinochilus sp. (togo starburst). I would be wary of using a divided tank with arboreal species like the h. maculata or semi-arboreal like pterinochilus, though.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H. Maculata is a Togo. P Murinus are more terrestrial with burrowing tendencies I found, and H Maculata burrow as young but are arboreal as adults.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you must make sure its 100% safe. The as in it needs to be sealed off on the sides, bottom AND top (alot of people forget the top aspect, and with arboreals they exploit this to make one fat T).

If the top bottom and sides are sealed its ok, but with a tank, (usually opened from the top) its VERY hard to make the top 100% proof, they can squeeze through even the smallest of spaces.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here are my new enclosure pictures.

AB member jeep really did a great job with this...it is one tank but its three enclosures in one.....coming soon he is going to have more elaborate ones...for the time being you guys and gals should give him your business when it comes to buying enclosures...because he is a great business man with great prices....and he is good at making deals as long as it benefits both parties...Thanks so much Jeep!!!!