new cyst on boehmei?

aprildevi1

Arachnopeon
49DD7339-BB8D-4C3A-82A8-44833B463FE5.jpeg
Hi guys! i’m super new with tarantula keeping, got this guy almost two weeks ago and it molted a few days after i got it. i fed it today after a week and i’m just noticing this lump on its abdomen that wasn’t there before? the tarantula is maybe 1.5”, so still small, but i’m suddenly super worried!! it ate a meal worm perfectly fine and has been drinking water. just wondering what you guys think and if there’s anything i can do! thanks

i think there may be a white spot on the bottom of its abdomen too?! ugh, i got it from petco, they had it in horrible conditions :bigtears:

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
Hm.

Im not 100% sure what that could be, but if your t is taking food ok and you’re not seeing any bleeding, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

I’m curious what other members will say

aprildevi1

Arachnopeon
Hm.

Im not 100% sure what that could be, but if your t is taking food ok and you’re not seeing any bleeding, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

I’m curious what other members will say
yeah there isn’t any bleeding! it’s like it popped up over night. i’m curious too, hopefully it goes away with next molt

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
but i’m suddenly super worried!!
I would certainly be worried. There's nothing you can do. The only thing you should do is monitor its food intake. This is a heavy bodied species, don't let it get fat like a tick.

aprildevi1

Arachnopeon
I would certainly be worried. There's nothing you can do. The only thing you should do is monitor its food intake. This is a heavy bodied species, don't let it get fat like a tick.
ugh so upsetting!! but i’ll keep a close eye for sure

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
As far as I'm aware there's nothing you can do except avoid overfeeding, cysts/growths either go away with subsequent moults or get worse/rupture.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not sure how it got that, but yeah, doesn't look good. Hopefully the next molt or so will correct the issue. It would be a shame to lose such a beautiful spider. As others have said above, don't overfeed and it has a chance of recovery. Hoping for the best with your T.

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
how often would you recommend feeding? i’m giving meal worms at the moment
Based on how the abdomen looks, the spider is already nice and plump. There’s no “correct” feeding schedule. I would just toss a prekilled mealworm in every couple of weeks and back off if the abdomen is getting very much larger than the carapace. These guys can go a very long time without food.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A cricket every 2 weeks or a mealworm once a month. No more than that. As long as the spider has constant access to water, it can go months without food. My B. boehmei went on a near 8 month (!!!) fast before finally showing signs of premolt when she was around 2". Arm yourself with patience and good luck !